Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Milestones Passed But NOT Forgotten

In this crazy, busy thing called life sometimes events whiz by us and we don't realize all that is happening.  We miss the significance of these special occasions, no matter how "small" they may be.

I realized this morning that we have been living in our "new" house for just over a month now.  Crazy!  Seems like longer.  We are settled in and enjoying our HOME!  Every once in a while I forget where I am going and end up in the garage instead of the basement or the pantry instead of the coat closet.

We have met many of our neighbors, but are looking forward to warmer weather so we can be outside and actually see the people who live next door and down the street!  On Thursday, I am having a Girls Night In while Lawrence is at his grad school class.  I invited all the ladies and their kiddos over for a fun time with finger foods and getting to know each other (or me at least).  I have no idea how many people will show up or if I will be all alone with Coralyn and Kellah, but either way I want the neighbors to know our house is always open and we are wanting to build relationships with them.  As we interact with our neighbors, our prayer is for them to not only see Jesus in us, but to want Him in their lives as well.

I just thought of the idea today, so I think it's a bit late, BUT NEXT YEAR...I think it would be fun to have a neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt or something of the sort.  Granted, there's snow on the ground right now but hopefully in the future we will be experiencing more spring-like weather at this time of year!

Today, I got out the Easter eggs for the kiddos to play with, and they had a blast "finding" them in the play room and matching them up.  We also decorated paper Easter eggs as I didn't quite think I could handle actual eggs with 4 children under the age of 4!

Speaking of ages, Kellah had a milestone that I didn't blog about, due to being so busy and then leaving my computer cord at a friend's house, in WICHITA.  Thankfully, she is mailing it to me so I can have my laptop back soon! :)  Back to Kellah though.  She is just over 15 months now!

You wouldn't know it just by looking at her though.  She is still pretty comfortable in her 6-9 month clothes.  I went to find a dress for her to wear to my grandma's memorial service and didn't see any I liked in her closet, so I got out the 9-12 month tub.  Nothing there either.  I searched through the 12-18 month clothes, where she "should" be now, but she would have been swimming in anything from that tub!  So, I went back down to the 3-6 month bin and found a dress she wore last year for Mother's Day.  It still fit nicely and worked perfectly for the occasion!


I haven't put her on the scale recently, but if she's over 17 pounds, I would be surprised.  She may be small, but she is mighty and STUBBORN.  She has no fear and loves to explore and do anything the older kiddos are doing.  She LOVES playing with Coralyn, and for the most part the sisters get along great!  I am so thankful!  And I am looking forward to them being best friends as they grow up.  I know we will hear many laughs and giggles in our house in the years to come, along with quite a few tears I am sure! ;)

We got to take a vacation to Branson over Spring Break thanks to a generous friend giving us his timeshare for the week.  We had a blast, despite the unusually cold temperatures!  The girls had so much fun swimming, playing at the resort, exploring some trails, "riding" all the fun machine thingys at the mall and on the Landing, "driving" the Ducks, and playing in our room's jazzuci tub.



















Whew!  A lot has happened in the past 4 weeks.  I am glad I finally took the time to sit down and reflect on what's been going on in our lives.  As I think about all that has taken place, I am amazed at God and His goodness to us.  Not a day goes by that I don't experience His faithfulness, love, grace, compassion, mercy, peace, and joy!  I am so thankful for His presence in my life!  He is what makes all these occasions truly special!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive