Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Times Like These Call for a Wrap

God has given us Ponca Camp for times like these
With living Truth
To reach the youth
Rouse and rally for Ponca Camp
For times like these

Tonight, we are having an informational meeting for parents whose kids would like to come to Ponca Bible Camp this summer.  This will be the 7th year Lawrence has invited his students to camp!  His first class of students are in 9th grade right now and will be attending High School Week for the first time.  I still remember driving 7 of them down to camp in a 12 passenger van that very first summer!  Christa Taylor, the only girl, kept reminding Lawrence how to drive, "10 and 2, Mr. Young!" as she told him to keep both hands on the steering wheel at all times.  She puked on the way home, not 10 minutes after we had left camp!  Good news is she left camp with Jesus in her life, as did the other 6 kiddos in the van with us.  

Every year, we have been blown away as God brings boys and girls from our area to camp, where many of them are introduced to Jesus for the very first time.  For those who came already having a relationship with Jesus, they leave on fire and excited to live boldly and passionately for him at home and school.  I don't think I ever make it home from Ponca without crying a few tears of happiness and joy as I hear how God has worked in the boys' and girls' heart during the week of camp.

On Sunday, we will be hosting a Ponca Informational Night for the neighborhood.  We have invited the kids in our Bible study and their parents to come, as well as any friends they think should come to camp this summer.  We are hoping for a packed house!  And praying already for God to "do His thing" in the hearts and minds of these boys and girls, drawing them closer and closer to Himself and giving them the courage they need to radically stand up for Him in every area of their lives.

As I was praying and asking God to bless this ministry that He has laid on our hearts, He gave me an idea.  While Ponca isn't all that expensive -- "only" $125 for a week of camp, which is great compared to quite a few camps out there -- not everyone can afford to come.  I never want money to stand in the way of a child hearing the gospel and having the opportunity to commit their life to Christ!  Since we volunteer two weeks of the summer to serve at camp, Lawrence and I get to provide a scholarship for 2 kids to come to camp for free!  BUT, I know way more than 2 kiddos who need to be at camp this summer and experience Ponca for themselves!  This morning, as I was on the treadmill, God showed me how we can help make it possible for many more boys and girls to come to Ponca that otherwise wouldn't.  

I'm going to need YOUR help, though!

What to know what YOU can do to send FIVE or MORE kids to camp this summer so they can hear about Jesus and either trust Him as Savior for the firs time or be encouraged and challenged to truly live for Him?

You can wrap!  
Or use any It Works health and wellness product, actually!

Say what?  How does wearing a wrap to tighten, tone, and firm my body help send a child to camp and learn about Jesus?  How does putting greens in my kids' orange juice not just get them 4-8 servings of fruits and veggies but also pay for a child to spend a week at Ponca this summer?

When I decided to join It Works and do this crazy wrap thing, I committed the business to God, promising Him that I would give back everything I made.  We are blessed right now with my daycare and childbirth businesses to the point that my It Works income is "extra."  Rather than spending that money on getting my nails done or eating out at fancy restaurants or sporting a new wardrobe or whatever else I could think of to do with the cash, I want to GIVE BACK.  I want to use this opportunity to bless others, to show them God's love and goodness, to bring honor and glory to Jesus' name. 

I have been able to send care packages to some of my friends living overseas and sharing the Good News in foreign lands, and I have loved that.  I continue to ask God to show me ways to love on others, to open my eyes to needs around me.  And this morning, as I was praying and asking God to show me what to do with the money I make in April, He clearly said PONCA!

My goal is to sponsor FIVE OR MORE kids.  That's $500!  So, how are WE going to do this?

If five people join my team, I have the opportunity to earn $500 in bonus money!  In March, I was able to get 4 $100 bonuses in this way.  So I know this is totally possible.  When each of my new team members enrolls two loyal customers by the end of the month (or in 30 days from the time they join), I earn a $100 bonus.  All my bonus money in April will go towards Ponca Scholarships, making it possible for more boys and girls to attend camp and have their lives forever changed in those 7 days!

Are YOU in?  Will YOU help me? 

To review, I need FIVE NEW TEAM MEMBERS and TEN NEW LOYAL CUSTOMERS!  

Would you please think and pray to see if this is something you could be a part of? 

I am passionate about health and wellness.  I most definitely want to help people develop and maintain healthy lifestyles.  I certainly want to show people how enjoyable healthy living can be.  

More than all of that combined, however, I love my Jesus and want others to know Him the way I do.  My number one goal and priority in life is to live for Jesus, to make Him known, to bring glory to His name.  And if my It Works business provides a way for me to do that, all the better!

Again, I need YOUR help!  I can't do this alone!  We never can in the Christian life!  

If you are at all interested in this opportunity to TEAM UP AND GIVE BACK, please let me know!  If you have questions or want more information, I would be more than happy to talk with you and explain anything you want to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive