Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Calling It Fowl

One thing I have learned over the past 2 years is that people all too often don't say what they really mean.  Sadly, we hide behind excuses.  Myself included.

I for one HATE conflict and confrontation.  I don't like to step on anyone's toes or make someone uncomfortable.  I prefer peace, keeping everyone happy and smiling.

BUT, here's the deal.
In doing so, I am being FAKE and allowing others to put up similar facades.

In my attempt to keep my life SAFE and neatly packed in a little box where I understand everything and can control all that's going on - or at least convince myself I can, I am actually MISSING OUT on so much!!  I am sitting on the sidelines, watching others enjoy all sorts of adventures.  Adventures I would love to be a part of, but haven't seemed to find the time to get around to doing any of them or the money to afford them or the courage to step outside of my "secure zone" so that I could even start to put a plan into motion to checking things off my bucketlist and fulfilling life-long dreams.

So, this morning, I am calling it FOWL.
We're all being CHICKENS.
Remember, I am talking to myself too.
As I type, I am figuratively looking in the mirror and pointing my finger at the woman I see there.

I have decided I am TIRED of being safe.
I am DONE walking on egg shells, trying to avoid conflict or worrying about hurting someone's feelings.  Because I care too much to let us go on being fake.  I care too much to let us miss out on all that life has to offer, on all that GOD has called us to do and BE.

One of the most common reasons (aka EXCUSES) I get for not being able to join me on this crazy It Works journey I finally started (after a YEAR of saying no) is that people are TOO BUSY.

I posted a fairly sarcastic "comment" on Facebook yesterday about how people must think I am the only NON-busy person on the planet with chores that do themselves and a house that cleans and organizes itself and meals that fix themselves and children that pick up their toys without being told.  Ha!!!  Wouldn't that be nice?!!

Reality is - I AM busy.  I have 3 young girls - ages 1, 3, and 5.  My husband works full time, so I don't have help during the day with my children or the household chores (though my hubs is amazing and DOES help fold laundry and clean toilets and put away dishes and more).  We are involved in our church and have a weekly Bible study at our house each week as well.  I have a thriving childbirth and doula business.  We exercise.  We like to spend time with family and friends.  We don't have a butler, maid, lawn care team, personal chef, or anyone else to help us with all our responsibilities.  We are BUSY.

Like everyone else.
I would like to meet a non-busy person.  Shake their hand.  Ask them their secret.

Actually, I know a secret.
Kami Dempsey, our top earner at It Works shared this golden nugget with us last year at conference, "You can do anything, but you can't do everything."

Her words rang true as I listened to someone from Proverbs 31 Ministries reveal another similar truth on K-Love yesterday.  "To say YES to one thing, you have to say NO to another."

And that right there is what this all boils down to.
But we just hide behind the excuse, "I'm too busy."

What we are AFRAID to say is NO.  So we make a reason why we can't.  Once again though, I am calling this FOWL.  We have to STOP being chicken.

If you're scared of what people will think of you - like I was 2 years ago - tell me that.
If you're worried that you're fail - like I was 2 years ago - tell me that.
If you're skeptical about the products - like I was 2 years ago - tell me that.
If you're doubtful you have 4 friends who trust you and who would want to support you as you start your business and help you earn $120 in free products, tell me that.
If you're unsure you know at least 3 people who could use additional income, tell me that.
If you're afraid you won't make any money with this investment, tell me that.
If you believe this is a pyramid scheme, tell me that.
If you've been burned by a MLM or direct sales company before and don't want to get hurt again, tell me that.
If you don't think you're outgoing enough or don't have the right personality to be successful, tell me that.

Whatever you tell me, DO NOT tell me you are too busy.
I won't listen.

I don't believe you.
Why?

Because I have seen FAR TOO MANY other busy people do extremely well in this business.

Because I know YOU can do the same thing.
Because I care about you and want to help you push fear aside and believe in yourself and fulfill your dreams and leave a legacy for your children and their children.

If Shauntel Lyons can say yes to this opportunity when she was working FULL time AND going to GRAD school AND being a wife and mom, then you're not too busy.


If Jen Keller can say yes to this opportunity when she was HOMESCHOOLING SEVEN KIDS and lived in the middle of nowhere in a town of 100 (with the closest Target an hour away) and her husband was gone 2 weeks at a time for his job, then you're not too busy.


If Stephanie Doss can yes to this opportunity when she was working full time - 80 hours a week - as an attorney and had 2 small babies at home, then you're not too busy.


If Lori Conway can yes to this opportunity when she was a stay-at-home-mom with 4 kids and her husband worked at least 60 hours a week, then you're not too busy.


If Kami Dempsey can yes to this opportunity when she was teaching and coaching and had a brand new baby, then you're not too busy.


If Shelby Bowman can yes to this opportunity as a teen mom with a brand new baby and her hubby serving our country overseas, then you're not too busy.


If Makenzie Schultz can say yes to this opportunity while running a photography studio and her hubby managed a restaurant and they had twin boys, then you're not too busy.



If Liz Barton can say yes to this opportunity while teaching full time and being a mom to 2 young boys, then you're not too busy.



If Melissa Schellinger can say yes to this opportunity while working full time as a RN and her hubby working 70+ hours a week at their nutrition store and 2 young girls at home, then you're not too busy.


If Rachel Williamson can yes to this opportunity while helping her husband plant a church and take care of their 3 young children, then you're not too busy.


If Nikki Clutter can say yes to this opportunity while being a mom to 4 kids of her own and 4 additional foster kiddos, then you're not too busy.


If Ashleigh Smith can yes to this opportunity while running an inhome daycare and taking care of her 2 young girls, then you're not too busy.


Need I go on?  Those are all women I PERSONALLY know (well, I don't really know Kami all that well, but I respect her to the nines, and I do and talk with all the other women on a regular basis, many of them living within a 30 mile radius of me).

Oh, so that takes out another reason - the business is too saturated.  It's NOT.  I meet people daily who have NEVER heard of It Works, let alone uses any of our products.

Back to the BUSY excuse, though.
Yes, you ARE busy.
I am NOT saying you aren't.
Please hear that.

I am drawing attention to the reality that if we don't change anything, if we stay busy doing whatever it is we are doing, then we will never have time to fulfill our dreams, to live out the passions God is laying on our hearts.

You have a choice.
You can look at others living out an adventure, checking things off their bucket lists, traveling, retiring from their jobs, giving back, and so much more...you can assume they were lucky or had more time or more money or whatever than you OR you can say, "If they can do it, so can I."

MANY of those women I mentioned were on food stamps or going into debt or or selling things on Craig's List or had to borrow the money to get their starter kit.  If there is a will there is a way.

ALL of these women were busy.  If there is a will there is a way.

ALL of these women are now top leaders in the company.  Many of them have retired from their jobs AND brougth their husbands home too.  They have MORE time NOW.  They have paid of debt.  They have put money in savings.  They are able to travel and do things they never thought possible before - when they were too busy to dream.  They are able to give back and help more people and make a huge impact in so many ways and are changing lives all over the world.

I'm glad they weren't too busy to miss out on this opportunity.
I'm glad they said yes.
Because they said yes, I was given the opportunity to say yes as well.

And now I offer the same opportunity to you...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive