Friday, February 27, 2015

Drink Greens: Send Us to Ethiopia

What in the world does drinking greens have to do with us going to Ethiopia?

How is it even possible that YOU drinking greens or using lip and eye cream or wrapping or taking vitamins or eating a chew or treating yourself to a facial could help Lawrence and me train teachers at an orphanage in Africa?

Why am I so passionate about my It Works business and "always" asking you to try our producs or join me on this adventure?


As a little girl, I dreamed of going to the deep, dark jungles of Africa as a missionary doctor.  When I realized how many years of school were required to become a doctor, I quickly changed my plans - and decided to become a teacher (somewhat ironic really).

I did fulfill my dream of teaching, and even got to do so overseas.  My 2 years in Haiti completey changed my life, my way of looking at people, my perspective on the word "starving," my view onluxurious houses, and so much more.

When I returned to the United States, adjusting to a new normal took some time.  My prayer as a 5th grade teacher in a small private school in Missouri was to help my students expand their understanding of the role they could play in God's kingdom.  Whether they grew up to be missionaries to far away lands or stayed here in the Heartland, I wanted them to realize God had created them with specific talents and abilities they were to use for His glory.  I longed for them to develop a passion for sharing His love and telling everyone they possibly could about the opportunity to have a personal relationship with Him.  I prayed for them to live their lives with purpose, zeal, intensity.  I hoped to pass on my sense of urgency in reaching the lost, wherever they may be.  Most importantly, I wanted them to understand that process started NOW - not when they graduated from high school or college or grew up and got married or whatever.  But NOW.

I only taught for 2 years before becoming a mother and made the decision to stay home with my baby girl.  Fast forward 5 years, and I have 3 precious princesses.  And the desire of my heart to is help my girls see that they are daughters of the KING and they too have a calling in life - a divine purpose for which they have been placed on this earth.  The BEST way I can teach them how to love God with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength is to MODEL to them how to live all out for Jesus, to make the most of every single day.  Hence, I strive to live with passion and a sense of urgency.  I squeeze as much as possible into every day I am given, wanting to make the biggest impact, influence as many lives as I can, and in turn be a reckoning force in changing the WORLD.  As my 3 young girls watch me, I pray they see a sparkle in my eyes, joy radiating from my face, and a sense of PURPOSE in all that I do.  I long for them to join me on this incredible journey, even now as they are young (ages 1, 3, and 5).  I tell them DAILY that God made them special and loves them and has BIG plans for them.  I encourage them to DREAM BIG and remind them that they can do anything God calls them to do, be anything God invites them to be.

So, when our friends invited us to come with them to Ethiopia, I immediately wanted to go.  Our girls won't be going with us THIS TIME, but they will know all the details of the trip and why we are going and how we are living out the plans and purposes God has for us.  They will know that if God calls you do to something, He will provide a way.  They will see Him at work.  They will hear stories and look at pictures.  They will be amazed.  They will marvel at His power and love and grace.  They will be filled with a passion for reaching the lost.  And some day, they will go with us to Africa.  Hopefully to adopt some little brothers (and/or sisters)...


Now, back to the role YOU play in all of this.


Yesterday, Lawrence met with Mark Sharp, the husband of the couple who invited us on this crazy adventure in the first place.  Mark asked where we were at in our plans for Ethiopia.  Lawrence assured him we want to go and are saving money to make that happen.  Mark asked if we had considered doing any fundraising.  Yes, yes we have.

However, my ideas are probably not your run-of-the-mill fundraising techniques.  You see, I have been praying for God to use It Works to provide for our trip (and future adoptions as well).  Lawrence and I have the opportunity to earn $50,000 or more in bonuses by March 31.  That would MORE than pay for our way!  That would allow us to not only go to Ethiopia this summer and train the teachers but also to start setting aside money for an adoption fund.  Our week in Africa would certainly make an impact and change lives.  BUT, think about what adopting a little boy (or two) would do!!!  Tears are forming in my eyes right now as I type...

Adoption has always been on my heart.  And the thought of fulfilling that dream is almost too much to consider.  To be able to share the love of God and display His grace and mercy to a child in much the same way that He CHOSE me to be part of His family and make me His daughter... WOW!

Ooops, I got carried away.
Back to YOU and the role YOU can play in this!


We could ask you to donate $25, $50, $100 or whatever God laid on your heart.  And I am sure that we would be able to raise the nearly $6,000 needed to travel to Ethiopia come June.  That would be amazing.  We would be ever so thankful.

BUT, I have a different plan in mind.
I want you to consider using the greens or wraps or defining gel or vitamins or skin care line or ANY of the It Works natural health and wellness products.  By spending as little as $23 a month to invest in your personal health, you would be helping us earn a $20,000 and $30,000 bonus.  That money would go towards our trip this summer and then towards an adoption fun.  $50,000 can go A LOT further and change MANY more lives than a mere $6,000.

Think about it.
Pray about it.

What would God have you do?


If you would like to play a part in sending us to Ethiopia, please be in contact with Lawrence or me.  We would love to share more with you about our trip, what we will be doing, and why we feel like God has called us to do this at this time in our lives.  God has been stirring up some passions and desires in our hearts, and we are excited to see where all they will take us.  We would be delighted to tell you more and equally thrilled to invite you on this adventure with us - as prayer warriors, as loyal customers, or in any other way God may lay on YOUR hearts!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive