Sunday, August 8, 2010

Home Sweet Home

We are back! After being gone for a month, it is soooo good to be home again. We spent 3 weeks at Ponca Bible Camp in Arkansas and then headed straight to Michigan for a week of family vacation with Lawrence's parents and siblings. So much has happened in the last 4 weeks, I don't even know how to sum it all up!

Camp was different for me this year since I wasn't counseling. I cooked 2 of the 3 weeks, and 1 week I helped Lawrence direct. Really I spent most of my time taking care of Coralyn and making sure she didn't get too adventurous. She did learn how to hold onto the back of the chapel seats, pull her legs up to the seat part, and then proceed to climb her way up the back of the pew. She also got quite good at walking the length of the tables in the dining room by holding onto the individual seats. Once or twice she actually let go and took a few steps on her own before falling. She attempted to climb up the high chair and wanted to do pull ups on the edge of the tables, but somehow I didn't think either of those were good ideas. She loved swimming in the Buffalo River and probably would have jumped off the bridge like all the "big kids" were doing, if I had let her. She loved playing the drums and dancing to the music. She did her part at meal time to get someone to tell a story, as she joined in by banging on the tables. She got to go on the Lost Valley hike 3 times, going through the natural bridge and then to the highest point of the Amphitheater each time. I will have to post pictures soon! In Michigan, she got to play at the indoor water park, ride a ferry, go on a carriage ride, and pet a horse. Too bad she slept through our time at the Butterfly Gardens, but it was probably best for the butterflies! Then on Friday, to celebrate turning 10 months, she walked all by herself at our hotel. Now it's only a matter of time before she is running all over the place.

Like I said, a lot happened in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment