Saturday, November 10, 2012

Took the Words Right out of My Mouth

As the reality that we have sold our house and signed a contract to buy a new one sinks in, I haven't really been able to make sense of all the thoughts running through my head.  I have been trying to figure out how to verbally express (via this blog and facebook, really) my gratitude and appreciation to God for the way He has worked everything out so far, but I am simply left speechless.  God has just blown me away, yet again, with His faithfulness and goodness, which He has showered down on us in great abundance.  I don't know what to say except, "Thank You," but somehow that doesn't seem like it's quite adequate.  So I keep saying it over and over and over again.  Fittingly enough, we sang songs at church tonight that focused on thankfulness and read Scripture verses, most of which David penned thousands of years ago, that seemed to have been written based on what I have been thinking and feeling this past week.  Rather than trying to articulate my muddled thoughts, I decided to share some of the verses that God has brought to mind and do a much better job than I ever could.


Psalm 65:5, "You faithfully answer our prayers with awesome deeds, O God our Savior."

Isaiah  65:24, "I will answer them before they even call to me.  While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!"

Psalm 116:1, "I love the Lord because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy."

Psalm 66:19, "But God did listen!  He paid attention to my prayer."


Colossians 2:7, "Let your roots grow down into Jesus, and let your lives be built on Him.  Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness."

1 Timothy 1:14, "Oh how generous and gracious our Lord was!  He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus."

Hebrews 11:1, "Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."

James 2:14, "What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions?  Can that kind of faith save anyone?"



Psalm 37 was kind of like a jackpot, as it has always been one of my favorites.

Psalm 37:4-5, "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act."

Psalm 37: 18, "Day by day the Lord takes care of the innocent, and they will receive an inheritance that lasts forever."

Psalm 37:23, "The Lord directs the steps of the godly.  He takes delight in every detail of their lives."

Psalm 37:34, "Put your hope in the Lord.  Travel steadily on His path.  He will honor you by giving you the land."


I am sure many more verses are fitting with how I am feeling and would help me express my thankfulness to God for what He has done.  But, I will stop for now.  Bottom line: God has made all of this possible and all the glory goes to Him.  I want to praise Him and make His name famous.  I want people to see my life and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is alive and at work in me, that I love Him with every fiber of my being, and that He has filled me to overflowing with joy and peace as a result.

I have to end with this:
Psalm 73:28, "But as for me, how good it is to be near God!  I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things You do."

The Message put the same verse this way, and I thought the wording was perfect:
"But I'm in the very presence of God -- oh, how refreshing it is!  I've made Lord God my home.  God, I'm telling the world what you do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive