Friday, July 1, 2011

A Deep Breath

Finally, we have internet on our computer at home!!!! No more trips to the library to check email and facebook while trying to keep Coralyn quiet, and in one place. Last time I went, I ended up fixing a chair. She somehow managed to unscrew part of the chair and the seat about fell off! We did figure out how to install the internet on our Wii and that was very nice since I could use the "computer" while Coralyn took a nap. However, it wasn't the most convenient to switch from keyboard to the Wii remote and have to move up and down and back and forth to make things work. It was definitely better than nothing though! I much prefer using my own computer, in the comfort of my home, during the peace and quiet and tranquility of nap time! Which is why I am ever so thankful for our friend Brent, who figured out how to install the internet for us on our refurbished computer. I am one happy girl!

Now, to catch you up on the last month and a half of our lives here in the Young household...Take a deep breath and dive into our busy, fun lives!

Since the computer crashed in the middle of May, I will start there. Lawrence finished his 5th year of teaching 3rd grade here in Liberty. And then began teaching summer school just a few days later, so not much of a break for him there. We did manage to take a trip to the zoo and got a family pass, which we have used many times since then. Coralyn LOVES the animals and is saying many of their names and sounds now. This morning she saw the tiger magnet on the fridge, said, "ROAR," and then "Zoo," as if she was making the connection that the tiger lives at the zoo. Later, as we put the stroller in the Yukon to go to Crown Center, she asked if we were going to the zoo, knowing that we always take the stroller with us when we go to the zoo. I think she's pretty smart to be making these connections, but I am kind of biased :)

Anyway, back to our busy lives...We have also visited Deanna Rose once. Coralyn wasn't too sure about being so close to the animals, but she did enjoy feeding a baby goat with a bottle. Carson and her loved playing in the playground area more than anything though. Go figure! :)

While Lawrence taught summer school, I watched Xander and Tatum Salas three days every week. We had lots of fun playing together. We made several treks to the park, "swam" in our little whale pool, ran around in the front and back yards, finger painted, played dress up, and just had a great time.

On the days that I didn't have any daycare kiddos, Coralyn and I would make our own fun. We went to Crown Center and visited the Rainforest exhibit. We also took the Link over to Union Station and saw the trains. She couldn't stop saying, "Choo! Choo!" as she ran around looking at all the trains. And of course we went to the zoo...once on our own, once with the Popps, and once with the Sellars. Each time we had so much fun. Of course, I didn't enjoy getting drenched the last time when it decided to pour as we were walking from the cheetah exhibit to the bathroom. Despite getting soaked myself, Coralyn stayed dry. I even had her in big girl pants the whole time, and she didn't have a single accident!!!!

Speaking of potty training, she is just about 100% there. Usually, I just take her to the bathroom every 30 minutes to an hour to prevent accidents. She does a great job of using the potty and very rarely has any accidents. But last night she actually went into the bathroom all by herself. She did need some help getting her shorts down, but I was so proud of her for knowing that she needed to go potty!

Coralyn also did fantastic during our week at Ponca. We switched things up and went for high school week this year. I counseled (scary!) and Lawrence cooked. Well, his main responsibility was taking care of Coralyn, so he didn't get to spend that much time in the kitchen. He did a fabulous job with Coralyn though. Every day she had a different hairstyle, complete with ponytails or pigtails and bows that matched her outfits. We took along her trucks, and I think she probably played with those about 80% of the time. The other 20% consisted of running around with a ball or doing tricks on the handrails. She is quite the gymnast! We did get to take a hike all together and Coralyn enjoyed that. She kept pointing out the flowers and trees and everything else that we saw. Every time we would ask her who made the flowers or trees or whatever she was telling us about, and she would say, "God!" So precious to see my little girl learn about our Creator and Savior!

We've been back from camp for a week now and are gearing up for our next adventure. This weekend we will spend the July 4th holiday with my parents in Whitewater. My dad is so excited to take Coralyn to the Sedgwick County Zoo. I am looking forward to going and seeing the place as an adult since I remember going there as a child. From Whitewater, we will head to the Lake of the Ozarks to camp for a few days and then treat ourselves to a night at Tan-Tar-A Resort before heading back home. We'll have a week to "relax" and then we will be off to Ponca for 2 more weeks. When we get back, it will be time to swing into school mode once more! My how time flies! :)

Well, I think that about catches us up on our lives. Oh, I will be 17 weeks along in this pregnancy come Sunday. I have heard the baby's heartbeat. At my 13 week appointment, Amber was super patient and after praying, we did get to hear the baby's heart for just about 30 seconds! I definitely longed for that! We will have another appointment soon and have a sonogram around 20 weeks or so. We do plan on finding out the gender of the baby, but once again the name will be a surprise until the little one makes his/her debut into the world. :) I am still feeling sick and icky a lot of the time, but I did with Coralyn until the day she was born. So, I am just prepared to deal with nausea until December! I figure it means the baby is healthy and growing and that is GOOD. I will take being sick if it means a happy, healthy baby in a few months!

We also signed our contract to start foster parenting, so any day we could get a call asking if we would like some children to join our family for a time. We have the room all ready (well, we could do some painting) and are as prepared as we can be. It will be exciting to see how God uses this to impact the kids who come into our home as well as teach us and help us stretch and grow.

Okay, I have talked (written) for long enough! I hope you are all doing well and enjoying life to the fullest! Thanks for taking time to catch up on our lives! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment