Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Kellah Grace {9 Months}

Yesterday, Kellah turned 9 months old, which means she has spent nearly as much outside of me as she did inside of me!!!  Time is flying by, and before I know it we will be celebrating her first birthday!  This weekend our church is having baby dedications, so that will be a special occasion for sure, as we "officially" give Kellah back to God and commit to raising her to know God deeply, love Him passionately, and live for Him boldly.

Kellah may be nine months old, but she is still pretty petite, fitting comfortably into the 3-6 month clothes I just pulled out of the storage closet so I could exchange summer outfits for more fall-ish apparel.  She weighs in at 15.5 pounds, according to our bathroom scale, which she actually sat on long enough for the weight to read accurately!  I haven't measured her yet -- getting her to lay down for more than a second is nearly impossible.  Makes for an interesting time changing her diaper!!!  (I don't know where in the world she could have gotten that from?!)

I guess Kellah realized that most of her friends were sleeping through the night, or at least for more than 1-3 hours at a time.  In the past week, she has started sleeping all night, or occasionally getting up just once.  I am soooooo very excited about this new development!


Kellah just doesn't like to miss anything.  She is always watching what everyone around her is doing, and then jumps right in on the fun.  She is a mover and a shaker for sure -- always on the go!  She can pull up on everything and then cruises her way to wherever she wants to go.  When she reaches the end of the coffee table or couch or whatever it was she was using for support, she looks out at me like, "Hey, I could use a hand here."  If I try to coax her to walk to me without holding my hands, she thinks about it for a second or two, stands on her own for a bit, reaches out as far as she can, wobbles, and then slowly and cautiously sits down before she quickly crawls over to me and uses me to pull up again!  Kellah is an expert at pushing her walker toy all around the house, but she gets frustrated when she runs into the couch and can't go any farther!  Sometimes she tries to push and lift the toy up and over the couch -- she's a strong little thing!















I truly believe Kellah is living up to her name -- Gracious Warrior.  She is small, but mighty and FULL of spunk!  She loves to smile and laugh!  She is a talker too, and can actually say "Mama" and "Dada," and then she adds her own cute ooohs, aaahs, gaaahs, and baaahs, making noise almost the entire time she is awake.
From the moment she gets up in the morning, which has been at 6 am recently, she is happy and ready for action.  She does her best to keep up with the older daycare kiddos and her sister.  Sometimes they aren't too fond of Kellah trying to play with them, but for the most part Coralyn does a fantastic job letting Kellah be right by her side -- as long as Kellah doesn't pull on her hair!


I absolutely LOVE hearing my girls laugh and play together.  They can really get going with the giggles, and I am hoping to hear much more of that as they grow up and share a room someday.  I continue to pray that they will be best friends who love and support and encourage each other through the thick and thin, who will help each other make good decisions, and live out loud for Jesus.




Well, Kellah is taking a nap right now and her big sister seems to "need" me.  I had better go take advantage of the opportunity for some quality one-on-one time with Coralyn!  I've said it before, and I will say it again: I am SO blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive