Friday, December 21, 2012

Because Tomorrow May Never Come

Since the world is supposed to end today, I figured I might as well let the girls get dirty.

I am in charge of dessert for the Young Family Christmas tomorrow.  I am bringing cheesecake.  I decided to let the girls help me bake it this afternoon.

First, we had to unwrap the cream cheese.







Then, we had to mix in the eggs, whipping cream, vanilla, sugar, and M&M's.

Next, I melted the butter and crushed the graham crackers.  I mixed those together and formed the crust.

Finally, I poured the batter into the springform pan and put the cheesecake in the oven to bake.

The fun was just beginning!  We just had to lick the beater.







And then the spoon!





Who could forget the bowl?!




Coralyn then decided to rub her belly with the batter.



That lead to artistic dancing.



Kellah was much more interested in getting every drop of cheesecake batter possible.




Needless to say, the girls had fun!  And were both a sticky, ooey, gooey mess afterwards. 

So, we promptly took a bubble bath, which was also lots of fun!

And since the world didn't end today (at least not yet anyway), we might just have some more fun tomorrow!  In the form of opening Christmas presents at Grandma and Papa's house.  I am looking forward to capturing those precious memories on camera much more than I am in opening my own presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive