Friday, March 15, 2013

Oh What a Beautiful Morning, Oh What a Beautiful Day!

I think we spent the majority of the day outside, and it was simply lovely!  I wanted to soak up the sun's rays and enjoy being outdoors as much as possible.

And so, we headed outside for our morning snack.

Once everyone was full and happy, we played "soccer" in the front yard.




Then, it turned into who could hold the ball the longest.  Kellah was determined to be the winner.  At one point, she even full body tackled Caleb to the ground to get the ball from him!  Of course, I told her not to push and shove people, to be nice and kind.  BUT, honestly, on the inside, I was super proud of her for being so tough!  I wanted to say, "Yeah!  That's my girl!"  Instead, I helped Caleb get up and firmly scolded Kellah for being mean.  :)


The kids also decided that rolling in the grass was great fun too!


Eventually, we did head to the backyard.  With much fear and trepidation on my part.  The other day I went out in the backyard to take a picture and forgot the former owners had a large dog.  Ooops!  I didn't want the kiddos finding any remnants of their pet, so I firmly cautioned them to all stay close to the house, right by the swing set.  And thankfully, they did!  And had lots of fun there too!






By this time, everyone was hungry and thirsty again.  So we ran inside to get something to drink and eat.  Then, headed back out to the front porch.  We were going to be outside all morning, if I had anything to do with it!


Pretty soon, everyone was tired and ready for lunch.  We went back in the house and ate, then the younger kiddos went down for naps -- good ones too!

But, as soon as they were up and at it again, we were back outside.  This time we had some fun with the Cozy Coup and tricycle.



When Lawrence got home from work, he took the girls out to the creek behind our house to explore.  Coralyn informed me, "We went on an adventure!"  While they had even more fun outside, I fixed supper.

As soon as we were finished eating, we headed back outside, where many of our neighbors were as well.  We chatted with the people across the street as the dad tossed the baseball to his son.  We crossed the street and asked the Liberty North basketball player how the game went at the state tournament today.  They lost by one point! :(  BUT, fourth place at State is nothing to be ashamed of, especially when the high school is only three years old!  After visiting with that family for a bit, we walked back across the street to meet some of our neighbors for the first time.  They had left us a thank you card in response to the brownies and banana bread we had left on their front door last week.  We talked and the kids played in the driveway. I can't tell you how nice it is to have people our age all around us.  And for the girls to have playmates in almost every house on the street!  I am so looking forward to building relationships with these families and sharing Jesus with them in the process!

Tonight, as we finally made our way home to give the girls their bath, my heart was full and overflowing with joy and excitement.  With each conversation we had, I could sense God's presence.  He is answering our prayers, and I know He will be doing some amazing work here on Skiles Court and the streets beyond!  Heck, He already is!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive