Monday, June 3, 2013

Blown Away

I am almost in tears this afternoon as I witness God at work in ways beyond even my wildest dreams and imagination!  I am blown away at how He is answering my prayers and showing me He is sooooo much bigger than I could ever dare to expect!

Back in February, I took a step of faith and decided to join It Works as a distributor.  After thinking the wraps were a one-time, quick-fix, gimmick I talked to three very good friends who helped me see how these wraps and other health products are made with natural ingredients, truly benefit a person's overall health, and really are changing lives.  I respected these three women so much, I figured if they were confident in these products, then I could be too.  And since then, I have discovered firsthand how amazing our wraps, greens, defining gel, fat fighters, protein powder, fish oil, and more are!  I have seen my friends' lives changed as a result of using the products.  I have gotten to celebrate with other friends who have also decided to join the It Works team and sell the products.  Some of these women I have known since high school and others I have never met, but I pray for them every day regardless.  And we pray for each other beyond, "God, please bless our businesses and help us make money."  Oh, much deeper than that...  More like, "Please provide for their family as they're not sure if her husband will have a job in a couple weeks."  "Heal her daughter as she's not feeling well today."  "Give her wisdom as she deals with a parenting issue."  "Comfort her family as they mourn the loss of a loved one."  Stuff that has absolutely nothing to do with It Works, wraps, or making money!  Stuff that is much more important!

In fact, when I joined It Works, it was not primarily for financial reasons.  Yes, the extra money is nice, but that's just what it is as of right now -- extra money.  I promised that until It Works replaces my in-home daycare job, I would give back what I make and use that money to bless others.  God has been so faithful to provide us with opportunities to do that.  We have gotten to sponsor 5 kids so they can go to Ponca Bible Camp this summer and forever change their lives as a result.  We have helped a couple on their way to Haiti.  We have sent care packages to Africa and Europe to encourage my friends living there and sharing the LOVE and TRUTH of God with others on foreign soil.  We've done some other "little" things as well, like giving a newly married couple a bigger wedding present than we would have been able to in the past.

We've also spent some money on ourselves -- a new weed eater, filling our AC with freon, getting our lawnmower fixed, having a scoop of ice cream, and eating out a nice restaurant to celebrate Lawrence getting all A's in grad school.  Nothing too extravagant.  Yes, I would love to go on a super nice vacation, and we will eventually save up to do that.  My mom has always wanted to take a cruise or trip with us, and we would love to do that with my parents.  Now that is not just something to dream about but a real possibility in the very near future!

No matter how much money I make through It Works, we will not buy a new house (just to have a bigger, nicer house).  I will not get a designer purse -- it's just not me.  I will not buy high end clothes -- again, just not me.  I will still shop at thrift stores and look for things on the clearance rack and use coupons to get even those! :)  We will still get our groceries at Aldi (as much as we can, since they don't carry everything we need).  Though I am looking forward to being able to afford organic produce.  We won't buy fancy new cars.  I'm not sure what exactly we WILL do.  I know for sure we will stay "real" and "normal."

Just yesterday, actually, Lawrence and I were driving to a wedding and discussing what we would do if we had money coming out of ears.  Here's some of the things we mentioned:
*Pay off our house (no mortgage whatsoever)
*Save for the girls' college funds
*Save for the girls' weddings (and they won't get super extravagant, lavish weddings either -- nice, but not over the top)

After that, we really didn't know how to spend money on ourselves.  Maybe a nice 10 year wedding anniversary trip or something.  I don't think it's wrong to have fun and enjoy life and travel.  I do think God wants us to enjoy His creation, and I would personally like to see as much of it as possible!

Our hearts are on the same page, though.  We both want to be able to BLESS OTHERS.  We want to be able to give in ways that we haven't been able to do so before It Works.  We want to keep sponsoring kids for Ponca, way more than 5!  We want to reach out to the kids in our community and have neighbors over for supper, without having to worry about the cost of extra food and the like.  We would like to sponsor some kids through Compassion or Kids Alive (the agency I worked with in Haiti).  If there is a family in need at our church, we would like to help them out with groceries or bills or just money in general.  When we were wondering how we would pay for that stuff, we were blown away when some people from our church gave us $1,000 cash!  How cool if we could turn around and do the same thing for others!!!!

All of that seemed so far away just Saturday.  And that was only a few days ago.  Like 48 hours.  Now this afternoon, I just emailed Lawrence a copy of a Double Diamond chart for him to print for me (maybe we could get our computer downstairs fixed so it turns on and I can use the printer we own).

I have had 3 people contact me since yesterday, extremely interested in joining my It Works team.  One lives in Missouri and travels all over the Midwest for job.  One lives across the street.  One lives here in the KC area.  One of these ladies is actually coming with me tonight to my new distributor's launch party in Olathe and then signing up herself afterwards!!!!

One of my team members contacted me saying a person on her team has 2 people interested in joining.

Another team member has 3 salons who are interested in having wraps and other It Works products available as add-on services.

I myself have contacted 4 salons and massage places, 3 of which are looking over information to see if they will be getting on board.

Another team member is working with someone to sign her up as a distributor this week as well.

I got to work at the Hospital Hill Health Expo this weekend and sold 9 wraps in 4 hours.  I have heard back from many of those wrappers, saying they are delighted with their results and want to place orders.  Some of them want to host parties too!

Yet one more team member hosted 2 wrap parties yesterday (yes 2 on the same day) and signed up five loyal customers as a result.  Oh, and she made about $250 in cash too!

Someone else on our team sold 10 wraps this past week!

Others have shared about getting new loyal customers and having potential distributors contact them wanting more information about the business aspect of It Works.

Exciting things!!!  Crazy things!!!  Things beyond my wildest dreams and expectations.  My goal was to get Diamond by the end of May, and I just barely missed it.  I really didn't think it would be possible in the first place, but I got so close!!!!  And now just days later, I am working to fill out the chart that comes AFTER the Diamond level.

If/when I make Double Diamond, my commission check will be around $6,000 a month.
That's a lot of giving and blessing we can do!
I am blown away. I am in tears as I think about what God is doing and how He is using this to bless not just our family, but countless others as well.  I am humbled.  I am overwhelmed.

I don't know what to say, except, "Thank You, Jesus!"  All praise and honor and glory goes to HIM alone!

As if I didn't need any more emotion in my life, I got a message from a fellow distributor challenging everyone who sells here in the KC area and anyone on their teams in any way to raise $50,000 this month to sponsor 30 kids to go on a missions trip to Jamaica!  Some It Works distributors make that much each month, so I am sure it's not going to be a problem for our team to raise that amount and more!  I have personally committed to donating at least $200, which I know I will earn this month in bonus money alone from the new distributors who have joined or will join tonight.  I would love to earn $500 in bonus money this month and give all of it to this amazing cause.  How cool would that be!!!

All that to say, for me It Works is not about stuffing my pockets with cash.

It's about helping my family financially so I can continue to stay at home and be a full time mom to our kids.

It's about helping others be able to pay off debt and save and bless others as they earn extra money by selling It Works products.

It's about helping people develop and maintain good overall health.  It's about giving people more time with the ones they love and making it possible for them to truly enjoy life and do things they haven't been able to do before because of health restrictions.

It's about blessing people in ways we never could before It Works.

It truly is about changing lives!!!

If you would like to be a part of this amazing journey -- by using or selling It Works products -- please let me know!!!  I would LOVE to talk with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment