Monday, June 16, 2014

She Asked THE Question

Kids ask question after question after question after question.  All day long.

"Why do strawberries have little white specks on them?"

"How come the baby bird died?"

"When is my next gymnastics class?" (asked as we are pulling out of the parking lot from the gym, 5 minutes after her class ended that day)

"How much longer until we get to Grammy's house?" (asked as we are leaving our city and getting onto the highway and have about 3 more hours to go)

"Why do I have to clean up my toys?"

"Can I have a snack?" (asked as she hands me her empty bowl that 2 minutes later had her breakfast oatmeal in it)

"Why does the monkey have a long tail?"

"How come the car in front of you isn't going yet?"

I'm sure you could add your own list of questions that your children bombard you with throughout the day.  Some are funny.  Some are NOT.

Asking questions is what kids do.
They are experts at it.

They have mastered the art and know exactly what questions to ask and when.
Well, really any question seems appropriate and timely and most urgent and thus must be asked as soon as it pops into their head.  And really, whenever you appear busiest - carrying the baby on one hip and a basket full of laundry on the other, while talking on the phone to the insurance company about a medical bill that needs to be covered, after being on hold for 24 minutes - is obviously the most opportune time.

As I said, some questions are ridiculously funny and you feel as though you must share your child's humor with the world via facebook, that very moment.

Other questions push your buttons and infuriate you and you feel as though you must share with the world how annoying your children are being and how tired you are of their endless questions, again via facebook, at that very moment.

Well, my 4 year old has asked 2 questions this past week that have made me want to write this blog post, but since I also have a 2 year old and almost 7 month old baby, I didn't quite have the time to write them down at the very moment she asked them.  But, I haven't forgotten them.  Not questions like these...

Or more importantly, really, the NERVE my daughter's questions struck deep within my heart when she asked them, completely unaware of what she had done.

Question #1: "When are we going to Disney World?"

Oh so innocent, especially since I have told her we will go.  As an adult, I understand that means we have to plan and save for this special vacation.  To her and 4 year old brain, we should be packing and on a plane headed that way right this very second.  Sorry, sweetie, but we're going to have to wait a bit.  And sell a few more wraps.  And get a few more team mates to sell them (and greens and vitamins and skin care products and more) with me.

So, when she asked me when we are going to go to  Disney World and kindly reminded me that I said we would go, it struck a nerve.  In a good way.  Her question, and her HEART, motivate and inspire and push me to hand out ONE MORE wrap coupon, to talk with ONE MORE person, to send ONE MORE message, to make ONE MORE call.  I can't let her down.  I made a promise, and I'm the type of person who keeps her word.  BUT, the only way we will be able to afford a trip to Disney World is if It Works pays for it.  And so I post on facebook and send texts and make calls and meet new people everywhere we go.  All so I can capture the joy and excitement on my little girls' faces when they see the Disney castle and meet the princesses in person!!!  That is one picture I can hardly wait to take!  Which is saying A LOT if you know me and my tomboy self and complete LACK of interest in anything related to pink and princesses...

Question #2: "When is Daddy's last day?"

Again, innocent.  But my 4 year old's second question penetrated even deeper into my heart.  She wasn't awake this morning when my husband left for work, so she won't see her Daddy until around 4:30 this afternoon (which is earlier than normal since he's only teaching summer school and it's not as demanding of his time).  That means she'll get about 4 hours total with him today.  And every day of the work week.  That's not much time to squeeze in playing outside, going on a bike ride, running through the sprinkler, reading books, paining a picture, eating supper, watching a movie, doing a silly dance, practicing gymnastics, having a campout, or whatever else my 3 little girls' hearts might desire that day.  We didn't even get in brushing their teeth, taking a bath, getting into their pajamas, reading a Bible story, and saying our bedtime prayers...

More and more I am becoming passionate about having MORE time together as a FAMILY.  I am LOVING all the time I have with my 3 girls this summer since I am no longer doing daycare. We have the freedom to go to the park, library, nature center, zoo, spray park, and more!  I LOVE it!!!  But, I can't help but think of all the little memories my husband is missing out on since he is teaching summer school.  It's a very nice stipend, and so every year he ends up teaching.  I've come to realize, however, that time and memories don't have a price tag.  They are worth so much more than the money my husband will make.  And yet, we need that money to pay bills and buy groceries and put gas in the cars.

My goal, though, is to have It Works replace that summer school paycheck.  Heck, I want them to double, triple, quadruple it!  Next summer, I don't want my little girl to have to ask when Daddy's last day is.  I want us to be able to spend the entire summer together, having fun and making memories (big and small).  I would love to go to Disney World next summer!  But, that means I need to sell some wraps (and greens and vitamins and skin care products and such) first!  That means I need to hand out ONE MORE wrap coupon.  That means I need to send ONE MORE text.  That means I need to make ONE MORE phone call.  That means I need to book ONE MORE wrap party.  That means I need to meet ONE MORE new person at the grocery store or library or park of wherever we may be going that day.  That means I need to invite ONE MORE person to join my team.

So I do.  So we can go to Disney World.  So my husband's last day will be THIS summer and my little girl won't have to ask that question ever again.

What about YOU?  Do your kiddos ask questions that innocently cut you to the heart?  Do you get tired of not having an answer, of not knowing what to tell them, of not knowing yourself how things are ever going to change?

What if It Works could be the answer.

Now, you probably have questions! :)
I know I did when I first heard about the company and the products and the opportunity.
I had LOTS of them.

I would love to answer your questions.
I would love to share more with you about how It Works is blessing our family and letting us pass that blessing on to others all over the world!

Please send me an emal: sarahsmithyoung@gmail.com
Please call me: 660.281.8266

Let's talk.
Let's put a stop to those questions - yours at least.
And maybe that can help you put a stop to your children's questions, or at least some of them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment