Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Life-Long Learner

Back when I was in college, my professors stressed the importance of being a life-long learner.  When I became a teacher myself and had a classroom full of my own students, I passed on this critical tip for a successful life.

While I am no longer a teacher (I get to be a full-time stay-at-home mom instead), I am still a learner!!!  Will be for LIFE. And I am certainly teaching my girls to be the same (so I guess I am still a teacher after all)!

I never cease to be amazed at all the things I continue to learn, especially about health and wellness, a huge passion of mine.  Since becoming a distributor with It Works, I have learned so much on top of what I already knew about eating right, exercise, and taking care of your body.  I love being part of a community where health is so important, and we are all committed to helping others get and stay healthy so they can truly live life to the fullest potential!!!

I always knew probiotics are good for you, but I didn't realize until this week that they help kill off yeast that can be growing in your body.  I have been part of a Yeast-Free Living Group for the past 26 days, and am loving how my body feels now that I am off sugar.  I watch what I eat and am gluten free, so I wasn't consuming a lot of sugar anyway, but the past 4 weeks have been a great way to help my body cleanse itself of the toxins that were still inside and start performing so much better.  If not for It Works, I never would have heard about Yeast-Free Living or understood the greater benefits of probiotics.




I also learned this week how PREbiotics can benefit your health.  I didn't even know there was a difference between PRObiotics and PREbiotics until January when our company came out with the Greens Chews!!!  I now know that PREbiotics help with immune health and can help prevent/stop things like urinary track infections!!!  PRObiotics are focused more on digestive help, but also boost your immune system.  Both are amazingly good for you!!!  I certainly know that since my family started using the Greens, no one has been sick.  And I definitely know my girls LOVE the Chews, as they ask for them first thing every morning.  I don't feel bad giving them one either, seeing as how each Chew has the antioxidant power of 10 cartons of blueberries!!!


In addition to nutrition, I am learning about exercise and muscle and metabolism and how our bodies work.  I always knew that muscle weighs more than fat, but I didn't really think about how muscle burns more calories and thus boosts your metabolism!  This is why strength training and/or cross training is so important!!  Aerobic exercise - like Zumba or running or biking or swimming or whatever you may like - is fantastic, but you also want to work on building muscle.  I have been doing the PIYO workouts in my living room during my girls' afternoon rest time.  I still run in the mornings before they get up, but as I am putting the 2 exercises together, I am seeing greater results faster!  Can't beat that!

And of course as I build muscle, I need to "feed" it properly.  That requires protein, but not just any ol' protein.  I want to put only the highest quality foods into my body.  Which is why I use the It Works ProFIT.  I can put vanilla in my smoothies (which are yeast free when I use almond milk and/or Fage Greek yogurt).  I can put chocolate in with almond butter and dip apple slices into this delicious treat.  I can add chocolate or vanilla to some Fage and add nuts and blueberries for a tasty snack.  Either way, I am getting protein without any added sugar (check your labels and you will notice that almost every protein powder or protein bar has quite a bit of added sugar to cover up the taste).  I am getting fiber and antioxidants as well, which are going to help me feel fuller longer AND keep my body in tip top shape!


So there you have it - just a few of the things I have learned in the past several months!!  I would love to share more with you about what I am learning in regards to NATURAL health and wellness!!!  I am all about helping others and passing on what I have learned so others can benefit too!!

Once a teacher, always a teacher...right?!

If you have questions about It Works and our NATURAL health and wellness products, I would love to help you learn more about them.  If you think our products could help YOU reach YOUR health goals, I would be honored to set up a PLAN just for you to meet YOUR needs!!!  We can learn and grow together!!!

Have a blessed day and remember to learn something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment