Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kellah Grace {3 Years Old}

My little girl is growing up...


Wasn't she just born yesterday?


I remember that morning like it was yesterday, but sadly, I have blinked quite a few times between then and now.  Reality sinks in, and I must admit that my baby girl isn't a baby anymore.  She's 3!


She may be small (fitting in 18 month clothes just fine), but Kellah does NOT lack in personality.  Where she is short on size, she is BIG and LARGE in attitude, smiles, laughs, energy, and zeal for life.  This girl cracks me up on a daily basis!


Problem is that she KNOWS she is cute, and uses that to her advantage on a daily basis as well.  She certainly knows how to push my buttons, but I can't be mad for long. Not when she smiles back at me like this!

The girl has no fear.  She doesn't seem to care, or even realize, that she's little for her age (have been asked by countless people recently when she will be turning TWO).  She gets in there and hangs with the older kids.  She can hold her own.  If she doesn't like the way something is going, she makes her vocie heard and her opinion known.  She will not be left out, that's for sure.


She's the middle child and seemingly always in the middle of EVERYTHING.  She follows her big sister around like a shadow, but she is starting to do more on her own as well.  Coloring and drawing and "writing" have become some of her favorite activities as of late.  She also enjoys building, playing with her dolls, riding her bike/scooter, and tattling on her sisters.  She has fun baking and doing crafts.  During school time, she does puzzles and insists on doing "her work" too.




Kellah is also developing a heart for Jesus.  She likes to sing songs - mostly ones she makes up or has heard Coralyn sing.  She makes sure we read our Bible each night.  And her prayers.  Her prayers!!  They always start with "Amen."  They are so sweet, "Amen.  Thank you for Jesus.  Amen.  Thank you for Daddy.  Amen.  Thank you for Mommy.  Amen.  Thank you for the bunny rabbits and carrots.  Amen.  Thank you for our bed...."  Yes, she has that many amens all in one prayer! :)  

Most nights Coralyn and Kellah will sleep in the same bed, falling asleep as they read books or tell each other made up stories.  Melts my heart every time...


I seriously don't know what I would do without this precious child.  She may not greet me first thing with a hug and kiss each morning.  More like, "Mommy, I want my oatmeal."  But when she does sit on my lap, I enjoy those sweet cuddles.  She's not one to sit still for more than a few seconds, so those times are few and far between and cherished when they happen!!!  


I pray my Kellah Bear (what I called her as a baby) grows up to be the Gracious Warrior her name means.  I pray she stands bold and firm in her faith, not backing down or giving in because something is hard or becuase she's the only one doing what's right.  I pray her love for Jesus grows daily and flourishes as she commits to living all out for Him, pursuing Him with passion and purpose.  I know God has amazing plans for my little girl.  Like David, she is going to take on giants and win.  Just you watch and see!!!

For now, she can definitely make you smile!


I know I love her with all my heart!!!!
So, even though this blog post is a day late, here's to a Happy Birthday to my dear Kellah!!!



*Photo credits to Ashley Alexander with AAlexander Photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive