Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ready for Level 2

After her last gymnastics class, my oldest daughter came up to me sooooo excited!!!  She had a little note from her coach in her hand.  "Coralyn is ready to move up to Level 2."  Ever since her very first class, back in August, she has been asking when she would be ready for Level 2.  We told her to work hard, to listen to her coaches, and always do her best.  We encouraged her that as she did those things and pushed herself, she would be improve at the skills and be ready to learn new ones as well.  We always celebrated with her after each class, telling her how well she had done and how proud of her we are.

I knew she would eventually be promoted to Level 2, but I honestly wasn't expecting the news just yet.  I was almost excited as my daughter when she handed me the note from her coach.  I *might* have cried a tear or two on the drive home...

As I thought about my daughter's joy, I couldn't help but make a connection to my own life.  How excited do I get when I accomplish something?  When I reach a goal or fulfill a dream, I am thrilled.  I have a sense of achievement.  Maybe even a little pride mingled in.

And I believe I can do even more.
I want to dream even bigger.
To push myself even harder.
To stretch myself.
To get out of my comfort zone.
To be brave.
Bold.
Courageous.
To let my faith be stronger than my fear.
To live out loud.
To go for it.

Today is the last day of 2014, so of course goals and dreams are on my mind and heart even more so than most days.  I am a planner and like to have things written down so I can see them and know what I am working towards, where I am going and how I am going to get there.

I was browsing on Google images in search of inspiration for the New Year ahead, and these pictures and quotes seemed to stick out to me the most:


As I have been thinking and praying about what God may have for me in 2015, some recurring themes seem to be coming through in what I am reading in Scripture, what our pastor has been sharing at church, the lyrics to songs we have sung during the worship time, my time on a Women's Retreat, and things other people have been talking about in their own lives.  When God speaks so clearly over and over and over again, I can't deny what He's trying to tell me!


In the days to come, I want to sit down and write out more about each of these truths God has been whispering in my ear.  He's been speaking to me so consistently that His whisper has really become more of a shout.  His message is coming across loud and clear.  It's undeniable.

I am excited beyond words to see what He does as I follow Him and put into practice the things He is teaching me.  I am eager to grow, to become the woman He has created and designed me to be.

But at the same time, I am oh so scared.
Terrifed, actually.
If truth be told, I am shaking in my boots.
This life of faith and boldness and courage is not going to be an easy one.
God never promised that following Him would be.
It may not be safe, but I can assure you it will be exciting and REWARDING.

Last Sunday, our pastor talked about what it means to be a DISICPLE of Jesus.  He showed a Rob Bell video clip I had seen before, but this time something NEW stuck out to me.

God has called us, so He must believe in us.  
We may not be the best of the best of the best, but we don't have to be.  
God has called us, so He must believe in us.  
He must think we have what it takes.  
And certainly, if we have Him, we have all we need.  MORE than we need.  
Thus we can do whatever He has called us to do.  We can become who He has called us to BE.

As Rob Bell mentioned, faith in God is of utmost importance, but we must also believe in ourselves.  When Peter got out of the boat, he walked on water.  Until he took his eyes off Jesus and focused on the winds and waves.  That's when he started to sink.  Yet, his faith never seemed to waver in Jesus, for he immediately called out for Jesus to help him.  He KNEW Jesus could save him.  He never doubted that.  He never lost faith in Jesus.  Only in himself.  

This year, I not only want to get out of the boat, as Peter did.
I want to walk on the water.
I can only do this if I FIX my eyes on Jesus and KEEP them there.


As I trust my Jesus, He will uphold me.  
He will guide me.  
He will transform me.


As I trust my Jesus, He will equip me.
He will empower me.
He will strengthen me.
He will enable me.
He will fill me with Himself.
He will be everything I need.


Where I fall short, He will excel.
When I am weak, He will be strong.
When I am lost, He will be the Way.
When I am confused, He will be the Truth.
When I feel defeated, He will be my Victory.
When I am shaken, He will be my Rock and my Fortress, my Refuge.
When I want to give up, He will be my hope.

Again, if God has called me, He must believe in me.
He must think I have what it takes.
I do.
I have HIM!

And you can too.
He has extended an invitation to anyone who would receive Him.
He longs to be part of your life - to be your life.
He loves you and has amazing plans for you.


My prayer for you in 2015 is to reach out and take hold of His outstretched hand.
Then, hold on tight and follow Him wherever He may lead.

It's going to be an incredible journey.
An adventure.
I'm excited to see what lies ahead in 2015...


Won't you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive