Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Craedyn Esther {1 Month Old}

Technically, Craedyn is 1 month and 3 days old now.  BUT, I'm going to give myself some grace as a mom of 4 young girls and call it good that I am getting out her monthly update this soon!


I really find it hard to believe that a month has passed already.
Time is being especially cruel as this is my last baby.  I feel as though the days are flying by and Craedyn will be graduating college if I blink a few more times.


I want to cherish every moment.
I find myself looking at her often.  Just staring.  And admiring.


God has blessed me with 4 girls.  FOUR GIRLS.
I never in a million years saw myself as a mom of girls.  I truly believed I would have all boys since I am a tomboy, love sports, am outdoorsy, and am NOT fond of pink or princesses. Yet, here I am with 4 beautiful, precious girls.  I have bows and tutus and dresses and hormones coming out my ears. Not even remotely close to what I envisioned for myself, but I wouldn't trade my girls for the world.


I don't really know Craedyn's personality yet, but if God answers Coralyn's nightly prayer, she will grow up to be "strong and courageous and love Jesus with all her heart."


She's going to have to make her voice known if she wants to get her way with the older 3 sisters.  For how rough and tough they are with each other, I am pleasantly surprised with how gentle and kind and loving they are with Craedyn.  She will not lack for hugs and kisses.  Heck, she might be smothered by them and not want another one for years!


Craedyn is a doll baby though.  She loves to snuggle and I love holding her, so that works out well.


I don't really know how much she weighs now or how long she is, but I do know she has grown.  The newborn outfits that used to be too big now fit.  She isn't swimming in them anymore and her feet reach the end where they are supposed to be.  


I may not understand all her cries or sounds yet, but I look forward to getting to know my baby girl more and more each day.  She certainly has a unique personality and some special gifts/talents/abilities that we will come to see soon enough.  I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has incredible plans for this little girl.  He has created her for "such a time as this," and I am honored that I get to be part of her journey.


Here's to many, many, many more months ahead with beloved Craedyn  Esther!


No comments:

Post a Comment