Monday, December 7, 2015

Picture Perfect

I've been told Facebook is like a highlight reel.
Everyone shares their stories and pictures to let their friends and family know what's happening in their lives.  And of course, we only put the BEST out there for the world to see.  I mean, we want people to think we have it together and everything is peachy.

The truth is - everything is NOT fine and dandy.
No one's world is rainbows and roses.
And no one is picture perfect.
No matter how hard they may try to make us think they are.

This morning was NOT a Facebook moment.
At least not a "highlight" one.
NOPE, it was more in the FLOP category.  Something movie makers would put on the bloopers section as the credits roll.

Coralyn was NOT happy about getting up for school.
She thought it was ridiculous to wear a skirt.  Granted, she had 4 OTHER outfits to choose from that I had laid out for her.  I had included leggings to wear under the skirt SHE picked.
Once she was finally dressed, hair brushed, and teeth brushed, it was time for her to get her shoes on.  She couldn't find her tennis shoes, so she attempted to put on her boots.  For whatever reason, she couldn't get them zipped.  She's had NO problems any other time she wanted to wear them.  But today...  So then she starts crying that she has NO good shoes.  I tell her to look in the BASKET of shoes and find something, seeing as how there are at least 3-5 pairs in there.  "Nothing."  More crying.  At this point, I lose my already short patience and tell her it's NOT my responsibility to keep track of her shoes, to look around the house until she finds them.

Mind you, I am telling her that - in not the nicest of voices - while I am helping Kyiah get on the potty.  You would think that is a GOOD thing, and normally it would be.  However, she had already GONE potty - in her underwear.  POOP everywhere.  Awesome...  I get her cleaned up and remind her that we do NOT go poop (or pee) in our pants, but ONLY on the potty.  She firmly agrees with me.  Though I know this will not be our last accident...

I finally get Kyiah dressed.  I had just finished feeding Craedyn before Kellah had come downstairs to announce that Kyiah had pooped her pants.  So now I needed to turn my attention back to Craedyn to get her dressed.  But first, I would need to change HER poopy diaper.  Good thing she can't move yet, because I had to leave her on the couch to go and get a new diaper, and then the wipes.

Okay, everyone is ready to go.  We are somehow right on time to leave to take Coralyn to school.  It's MOPs morning, so I grab the cute outfit I am taking with me to give to my friend who just had a baby.  I put my backpack on. I swear it weighs 50 pounds with all the baby necessities and stuff for Kyiah.  Not to mention my wallet and wrap supplies (because I always have those with me - and have used them to wrap strangers at the grocery store).  I also need to snatch the Ergo so I can wear Craedyn once we get to MOPs.  Oh, and I don't want to forget my protein coffee that I made to hold me over until we eat at MOPs.  Since I'm not an octopus, I don't have enough arms to get all that AND the baby, so I lay Craedyn down on the floor by all our shoes.  I run and get everyone situated in the Yukon, dump all my stuff, and then rush back to get Craedyn.  Buckle HER in the carseat, and we're on our way.

We arrive at school and wait in the line to drop Coralyn off.  As she is getting out, she whines about her bag being too tight.  And drops her lunch box.  I smile and tell her to have a great day and be a light for Jesus.

Like I was earlier at home.  NOT...

Granted, I did apologize to Coralyn for getting upset, but that doesn't take back what I said or HOW I said it.
I get so frustrated with myself when I lose my cool and am not the kind, patient, loving mom I want to be at all times.

Thankfully, GOD is gracious and gives us second and third and fourth chances.
So, on the way to MOPs we sang "This is the day, this is the day that the Lord has made...let us rejoice and be glad in it..."

I might need to KEEP singing that all day long.

This morning may not have been my best mom moments, but I wanted to share them anyway.
To assure you that YOU are not alone if you "messed up" too.

Good news is, we have a lot of the day left.
And PLENTY of opportunities will arise to let us practice our patience.
I'm praying I do better these next times...

No comments:

Post a Comment