Monday, September 13, 2010

Everything in Its Place



This weekend was a busy one for us in the Young house, and it felt really good to get so much done. We coached a volleyball game, went to some garage sales, bought groceries, and then reorganized our kitchen and play room. I had been getting really frustrated with all the clutter and lack of space. My perfect solution: have bigger kitchen with more space (well, really a bigger house all together would be absolutely perfect...until we ended up with more stuff to fill all the space). Since we obviously can't just go out and get a new house (and don't really need one to be honest), we decided to make due with what we have and make it feel bigger. Our plan: get rid of what we don't need at all, put stuff downstairs in storage that we don't use that often, and reorganize what we have left so that's in a practical, easy to use arrangement. It's amazing how big and uncluttered our kitchen was after just a couple hours! Our next move was to the play room. We bought a shelf thingy at Aldi. Lawrence assembled it, and I put all the toys in the bins. Once again it was amazing how much more space we seemed to have in the play room. Granted, it will get cluttered (numerous times a day!), but at least there is a place for everything and for a few minutes each evening after Coralyn is in bed, you will be able to see the floor.

This weekend I was reminded of the verse, "Godliness with contentment is great gain." I would love a kitchen with more counter space, more cabinets, a pantry for our food, and an island in the middle to boot. I would love to have a play room without having to "sacrifice" having a formal dining room . I would like to have a room that is just an office, where the kids can't get in and push buttons on the computer. But all of these things aren't really absolutely necessary. They're just wants, nice bonuses. So I have to learn to be content, like Paul, in whatever circumstance I am in at the time. And enjoy all that God has given me, and He's totally blessed our socks off! Right now I am taking great delight in my newly organized kitchen and play room where everything is in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment