Monday, September 20, 2010

True Love

God continually uses my daughter to teach me about His love for me. Today I was reading her a book before nap time. It's one of my favorites. I think I have it memorized since I have read it so often, but it never gets old. The message is just too good. The book is called I Love You Because You're You. I thought I would share it with you (you'll have to use your imagination to create the pictures, but think about a momma and her precious baby -- in this case they use a fox family).

I love you when you're happy and grinning ear to ear.

I love you when you're sleepy and want to snuggle near.

I love you when you're silly and dancing round and round.

I love you when you're frightened and hear a scary sound.

I love you when you're bashful and hide behind my knee.

I love you when you're brave and from my arms you flee.

I love you when you're curious and searching here and there.

I love you when you're proud your head held in the air.

I love you when you're sick and need to rest in bed.

I love you when you're frisky and standing on your head.

I love you when you're sad and need a kiss and hug.

I love you when you're playing and rolling on the rug.

I love you when you're angry and cross your arms and pout.

I love you when you're wild and yell and scream and shout.

I love you any way you feel, no matter what you do.

I love you any way you are. I love you because you're you!

Isn't that just how God loves us. Amazing. We don't deserve it. At all. Yet He keeps on loving us. Abundantly, too.

Oh, that I would learn to love as God loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment