Thursday, November 3, 2011

Praise the Lord!

The Bible repeatedly tells us to praise the Lord, and more often than not singing is involved in the process. I am not a singer, or a musician in any way. God did not bless me with those gifts. Thankfully, Lawrence has musical talent, so there is hope for our children to have some aptitude in that area. Not that God requires you to sing on pitch when you praise Him, or to play in beat for that matter. Just making a joyful noise is enough...good news for me.

Even though I am not musically inclined, I do like to listen to music and enjoy worshiping through song (whether I am listening to someone else sing or play or I am attempting to sing myself). I want to expose Coralyn to kids' praise music...I remember growing up watching Salty and Praise Kids music videos. Ironically enough, as a result, I know more kids' songs than Lawrence. I have been playing several different CDs while the kiddos play in the living room, and the other day Coralyn actually joined in! Throughout the week she has been singing more and more of the songs: "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands," "This Little Light of Mine," and "Jesus Loves Me" to name a few. I am so thrilled.

First, she is singing. Second, she is singing praise songs. Third, she is having fun doing it. Sounds like worship to me! It was definitely music to my ears! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment