Friday, November 4, 2011

Precious Moments

Yesterday, I realized yet again that Coralyn is growing up. And I can't stop this process. Nor do I want to. Not really...

Though I do wish that time could stand still so I could soak up more of the precious moments that take place every day.

Like yesterday, when Coralyn stopped playing and looked up at the new family pictures I had put in the frames. All but three of them are of just her, so she announces, "That's me. Pumpkin patch." I had never heard her say pumpkin patch before, except maybe right after we had left Carolyn's Country Cousins Pumpkin Patch several weekends ago (where the pictures were taken).

I love that smile!

Things like this are happening more and more...she is saying words, phrases, and sentences that are new. She is putting thoughts together and expressing them quite well. I continue to be amazed and impressed. I love seeing her learn and grow. I get excited with all the new things she can say and do. And I look forward to all that is yet to come.

But then I realize that I will never be able to go back in time. She will just keep growing and learning, and getting bigger and older. We will never have this specific time again. She will never say "pumpkin patch" for the first time again. And so I sometimes want time to freeze. Because these moments, while so common and ordinary, are so very precious to me. I want to soak them all up. In a very small way, I am doing what Mary did when she "treasured all these things in her heart."

Well, enough time on the computer. Time to go enjoy some more precious moments with my little girl who won't be little for long...

No comments:

Post a Comment