Sunday, February 17, 2013

Kellah Grace {14 Months}

Kellah, Kellah, Kellah!  You're 14 months old today.  You keep growing up!


Well, not literally, seeing as how you still weigh around 16 pounds and wear 6-9 month clothes without any problem.  You don't seem to notice that you are small for your age or let your size keep you from doing anything kids around you are doing.

Thankfully, you are sleeping through the night, waking up around 5-6 am to nurse and then go back to sleep until you get up for good around 7-7:30, when the daycare boys arrive.  You don't want to miss out on anything!  You are definitely a morning person, talking and chatting and making noise from the moment you wake up until the second you fall asleep at nap time.  And there's no morning nap for you anymore -- oh no, if everyone else is going to stay up and play, then so are you!


You have 12 teeth now!  And you put them to good use every single day as you chomp on carrot sticks, bananas, blueberries, broccoli, cheese sticks, apple slices, pears, and even asparagus!

You like to stack blocks, "throw" balls, "read" books, lug stuffed animals around the house, and above all else you love to climb!

I can't even go to the bathroom by myself, for fear that you will be on the coffee table when I come back to the living room.

You like to play with the music toys, especially the drums.  You are curious and like to explore.  You seem to be magnetically drawn to the cabinets with tupperware containers and lids, and now the appliances too!  I am not sure why you like to pull out the blender or the juicer, but you do!

Oh, Kellah.  You are growing and learning and doing new things every day.  And every day I fall more in love with you.



I love walking into your room to find you standing in the corner of your crib, leaning your head to the side, and then immediately reaching for your blanket to hand me when I come to pick you up out of your bed.

I love how you give hugs and kisses.  I love how you get so excited when Daddy comes home from work each day and run to the door to greet him.  I love how you smile really big when you see me in the nursery window at church.



I love how you notice what's going on around you and are starting to "help" me or your sister or your friends.  Every day, when the daycare boys' moms come, you hand me their coats and shoes.  You know they need them and are ready to help.  You do the same thing with their sippy cups -- if you find a "lost" cup, you pick it up and take it to its owner.  You might take a sip out of the cup first, but still...  We actually prayed before you were born that you would be observant of those around you, taking notice of their needs and emotions so that you could respond to them and help them in whatever way they needed.  Boy did God answer that prayer!



I love how you want to be in the middle of things.  You have no fear.  You want to catch bubbles just like the older kiddos at Library Storytime.  You want to climb the slides and swing at the park or on the swingset in our backyard.  You want to jump on Coralyn's bed.  You want to read books with your sister.  You want to help put away the dishes when I am unloading the dishwasher.  You want to make towers with the blocks.  Anything that is happening around you, you want to be a part of.  You make take a second or two to observe what the other kids are doing, but then you jump right in and play alongside them.
I pray that you use this fearlessness to stand up and do what's right, even when no one else is.  I pray you will jump in and try new things, learn new skills, and that these adventures will provide opportunities for you to share your love for Jesus in new and exciting ways.

I love how you are starting to communicate, be in with signs, sounds, or motions.  You know what you want and make it pretty clear to everyone around you.  One thing you definitely make clear is that you are NOT ready to wean.  You are determined to keep on nursing, and for now, I am totally fine with that.  I love to sit down and hold you for a bit, relaxing for just a few minutes during the busy day.  I get to cuddle you, hold you close, kiss your hand, play with your hair, tickle your feet, pray for you, and enjoy this time when you're little and actually want to be on my lap.

I love that you have a sense of humor.  You love to laugh and have the cutest giggle ever.  I love watching you and Coralyn play and have fun together.
I love chasing you around the house when it's time to change your diaper or get dressed after bath time.  For some reason, any time you are naked or have just a diaper on, you think it's a game to run away from me and make me work extra hard to get you dressed!

I love that you learn quickly.  You pay attention to what's happening and then figure out how to do it yourself.  You may not use the potty regularly, but any time Coralyn or the daycare boys go to the bathroom, you follow allow and insist on sitting on your little potty.  When I announce that it's time to eat lunch, you go right to your high chair, handing me your bib if it's at a level where you can reach it.  When Coralyn asks me for her milk, you walk over to the fridge and try to open it.  When we tell you it's bath time, you race into the bathroom and try to climb into the tub before we can even get you undressed.  If I say we're going somewhere, you get your coat and shoes for me.  I pray you learn quickly about Jesus and His love for you. I pray you trust Him as you Savior when you are young and start living all out for Him as early on as possible.  I pray you recognize how worthwhile and meaningful, no matter how hard, that kind of life is!



My precious baby girl, you are growing up indeed.  And I am so proud of you!  I know you won't be my baby forever, so I want to soak up every day and make memories with you.  I want you to know beyond a shadow of doubt that I love you with all my heart.  Even more importantly, I want you to know how much Jesus loves you, how perfectly He created you, and that He has special plans for you, my Kellah.  I don't know what they are yet, just like I tell Coralyn regarding the plans God has for her.  BUT I do know that you are His masterpiece and that He will use you to do big things and bring much glory to His name.  Oh how excited I am to see those plans unveil!  And how thankful I am that God has given me the privilege of being your mommy so I can play a role in those plans!



I love you, I love you, I love you.  Kellah Grace, I love you more than I could ever say!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive