Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Enough Already

Today has been somewhat of a rough go for me.
I woke up somewhat in a funk.
My husband and I have been doing Insanity together in the mornings - EARLY.  Shaun T. pushes us, HARD.  We are dripping sweat and breathing heavy, and that's just after the first part of the WARM UP.  I told Lawrence this morning that when the STRETCHING portion feels like a killer work-out, you know the actual exercise part is insane.  Hence, the name of the program!

Anyway, I expected after 5 weeks into the program, I would have seen visible results.  I was hoping to LOOK different in the mirror - more definition in the abs, a smaller waistline, toned upper legs, arms with actual biceps. I haven't noticed ANY of these things, except maybe slightly more enhanced biceps.

I see other people's before and after pictures, and I compare myself to them.  I feel defeated when MY transformation isn't as noticable or as significant as theirs.  I get discouraged when I don't meet my goals.  I want to quit.  I mean what's the point of getting up at 5 am and busting my butt if I don't have anything to show for all my hard, sweaty work?!

Well, there is the CERTAINITY that I am doing my body good.
And the REALITY that I feel good and haven't been sick and have energy to last all day.
Not to mention the CONFIDENCE I gain in knowing that I am physically capable of doing these hard-core workouts, that my body is in shape and that I am strong enough and healthy enough to do them.

But none of that seems to matter.
Because I get caught on what I see - or DON'T see - in the mirror.
It's not even about the number on the scale.  I honestly don't remember the last time I weighed myself.  I am more concerned about how I FEEL when I look at my reflection in the mirror.

And my feeling down about the results I was expecting and hoping for but haven't seen yet affected my attitude about life in general.
So, I had a choice to make.

Listen to the lies from the ENEMY that I'm not enough
OR
Listen the the TRUTH from my Creator and Savior that He created me, designed me with special gifts and abilities, has a plan and purpose for my life, believes in me, loves me, and is DELIGHTED with me today.

Not only did I choose the later, but I am here to help YOU do the same.
I am here to FIGHT with you, and for you.
You are my sister, my brother.
We are fellow soldiers, waging war, battling it out as the enemy comes after us time and time and time again, always seeking to tear us down and ultimately destroy us.

Well, I for one am NOT going to let him.
NOT today.

Instead, I am going to stand firm.
I am going to arm myself with the TRUTH.

Sometimes we need a reminder, though, don't we?
Let's remember together, shall we?

You ARE enough.
In fact, you are MORE than enough.


You are a MASTERPIECE.
You have a purpose.


God loves you, dearly.
He RANSOMED you, freeing you from bondage and slavery, giving you new life and hope.
He paid a GREAT PRICE for you - the blood of His one and only Son.
If He loved you so much to DIE for you, will He not be with you NOW and provide for you all that you need to LIVE for Him today?


God will NEVER give up on you.
He will ALWAYS believe in you.


He will ALWAYS be with you, guiding you each and every step of the way.
He will ALWAYS be a rock and fortress for you, a shelter in the storms of life.
He will ALWAYS care about you, love you, and CHERISH you.
He will NEVER change.


I don't know what LIES the enemy is trying to get you to believe today.
I don't know how exactly he is attacking you.
But I know he is.
Don't listen to him.
Shut out his voice.  Plug your ears.
Open your heart only to the ONE who truly matters, to the ONE who has your best in mind, the ONE who gave His life for you, the ONE who LOVES you...


Do listen to Him.
He is whispering.  Lean in close.  Don't miss what HE has to say.

YOU are enough.
Yes, YOU.


So, my friend, GO and dream big!
Take risks.
BELIEVE in the impossible.
Remember, life is meant to be an ADVENTURE.  Take that first step...

The world NEEDS you.
Yes, YOU.



Enough already with the excuses.
Enough already with believing the LIES.
Enough already not doing what you were called to do and being who you were created to be.

This has got to STOP.
You are ENOUGH ALREADY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive