Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Living Nightmare

I was thinking today...
If you are afraid to dream, does that mean you are living a nightmare?

Not necessarily.

BUT, you are missing out, I do believe.
And that is terrifying.
To think you are letting life slip by simply because you are scared to do something new or different or unknown.  THAT breaks my heart.


Hear me out, though.
While I am an optimist, I have NOT always been a dreamer.
I never thought I was worthy of a "dream life."
I thought it was SELFISH to dream.
I didn't want to be greedy, or too unrealistic.
I do have some practicality mixed in with my "let's try it and see what happens" mentality.
I like to have fun, but be "safe" too.

However, I am learning that playing it too safe is NOT good either.
And so I am starting to "let go" and step out to pursue my dreams.
Even the big, scary ones.
The ones that seem absolutely ridiculous and humanly impossible.
I am realizing those are the BEST dreams.
Sometimes, I am too scared to share those dreams with anyone, for fear people will laugh at me.
Or worse yet, question my intention, my heart.

I had to do a check in my own spirit just this afternoon.
A fellow teammate in my upline shared a picture of her dreams and goals for the year.


Lori and Quintin are in the top 5 earners of the company.  They are "big shots" and millionaires.  YET, they are humble and down-to-earth and REAL.  I've been to their house, had lunch with Lori, our girls have played together at Chick-fil-A.

When I saw Lori's dreams, I questioned why in the world they would need a second house.
I made all sorts of assumptions and judgments in my head.
Who are they to think they deserve to make $150,000 a MONTH?!
Why do they think they need even MORE when they already make so much and have so much?!

I stopped myself.
Know what was happening?
JEALOUSY.

Not necessarily jealousy of their specific dreams.
More so of their COURAGE to dream SO BIG.
They have freed themselves from the chains of what others think.
They have decided to go after what God has laid on their hearts, regardless of what other people say.
They have learned that other people's opinions don't pay their bills or fund their children's college savings or help with retirement in any way.  Other people can say what they want, think what they want, BUT Lori and Quintin are the only ones who can DO anything about their dreams.  And so they choose to pursue them.  ALL out.

And even better, they turn and help others do the same.
They have inspired me so much in the past 3 years.

So have people like Rachel Williamson.


It's like she shared the other day:


I was feeding the baby and trying to get some work done, but when I saw Lori and Quintin's goals, I had to stop in my tracks.  I felt like I was supposed to share this idea of living a nightmare because you are too scared to pursue your dreams, or too afraid to even begin to dream in the first place.

Having finally woken up from that nightmare myself, I want to help as many people as I can do the same.  I hope to inspire people to dream BIG and realize they ARE worthy - worthy to dream and worthy to enjoy God's blessings.


I have also realized it's more fun to dream WITH other people, other dreamers.
So, if you want to go at this together, I'd love to have you join me on this crazy adventure that 2016 is going to be as I pursue JESUS, pour myself out, and live in expectation of HIM doing incredible things in my life.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive