Friday, May 6, 2011

Nineteen!

Coralyn getting a horsey ride from Carson.


She loves the Pooh Bear someone from Lawrence's school gave her.


Sportin' the shades my mom got her last Easter!



Our precious gift!


Today Coralyn is 19 months old. Seriously, I think the time keeps flying by faster and faster. And my baby girl keeps growing up more and more.

Last weekend we got to visit some friends who were in our childbirth class and actually ended up having their little girl on the same day as Coralyn, at the same birthing center! The Popps now have another baby girl, so we took them lunch and stayed to chat and watch the birthday buddies play together. They were so busy: go, go, go. They would run into the play room and bring out some toys into the living room. Then they would race back to the play room and get more stuff. I think they had emptied the entire play room by the time we sat down to eat lunch! Surprisingly, they did a pretty good job of helping clean up their huge mess when it was time for us to leave.

As I watched Coralyn and Sylvia play together, I thought about the friends Coralyn will make once she is in school. I pray that she is the kind of person who is kind to everyone and compassionate too. I hope that other people are drawn to her because of these qualities. Also because of a special something they notice in her, a joy, a peace, a hope that are all because of a relationship with Jesus. I pray that my daughter is able to share His love with her classmates in a way that is supernatural. I long for her heart to be so fully given to Him that she can't help but live for Him in all that she does. And that she does so in such a way that people want to be around her, that they want what she has. As she continues to grow up, I pray that as she faces peer pressure that she will have the courage and boldness to stand firm in her faith. Even more, I pray that people wouldn't even ask her to do things she shouldn't because they know she will say no. I want her to be respected, to have a reputation for doing what is right, but not in a goody-goody-too-shoes sort of way. Never do I want her to point her nose in the air and think she is better than others. Rather, I pray that she befriends those who are lonely and perhaps not the most popular or well-liked. I hope she treats everyone the same, showing them the love that Jesus did in His day.

I have lots of hopes and dreams and prayers for my little girl. I have no idea what God's plans are for her, but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are good. I am excited to see them unfold and watch her grow and mature into the beautiful, radiant woman God has created and designed her to be. I am eager to see what her future holds, but for now I want to enjoy every single second I have with her because that future is seeming to unfold quite quickly these days. Which is why yesterday when she felt sick, I was soaking up every moment that she sat STILL on my lap and rested her head on my chest. I couldn't quit kissing her head or whispering to her that I love her. I know these times will be few and far between, especially as she keeps growing up. But I hope she knows that my lap is always there for her, that she will never be too old to cry on my shoulder or for my arms to wrap around her. She will forever and always be my Baby Girl, no matter how old she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment