Sunday, October 7, 2012

3 Going on 13

Sadly, I recently heard that the way your child acts at age three is how he/she will behave when he/she is thirteen.  Not lookin' good for me when the tween years arrive for Coralyn.  Maybe Jesus will come back before then...I can certainly hope!!!

Despite her tantrums and stubbornness and strong-willedness and drama-filled days, I love my "little" girl more than I could ever express in words.  And while these "negative" traits can be wearing on me and drain me of all energy before 8 am on a daily basis, I can choose to see the positive in them.  I am definitely praying that all her determination and ferocity and refusal to back down will prove her well in standing up for what's right no matter what anyone else is doing or what the cost may be, in boldly living for her Savior, and passionately telling others about Jesus.

The past three years have flown by, but they have been filled with precious memories.  As well as countless lessons God has taught me, using my precious eldest daughter.  I am so thankful God has given Coralyn to us for this time and am looking forward to many, many, many more years with her.

Here are some snapshots of her birthday yesterday:

Birthday balloon, card, candy, and money from our neighbor Miss June

Birthday breakfast
Holding up THREE fingers

Opening her present from Mommy and Daddy

T-Bone, the Butterfly Cat

 Sooooo excited to be THREE!


Birthday lunch at IHOP

Ready for her birthday party

All bundled up to jump on the trampoline

Friendly hugs


I LOVE HER SOOOOOO MUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive