Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kellah Grace {10 Months}

In just two short months, my baby girl will be one whole year old.  But for today, I am going to focus on the fact that she is "only" 10 months.  At the rate she is going, she'll be sprinting by next week! :)



I guess she knew this milestone was coming and wanted to beat her older sister at something, and so Kellah started walking yesterday.  At 9 months, just so she could say she walked before Coralyn did.  Coralyn walked at 10 months, so Kellah just scraped by to win the "Earliest Walker" title.


Kellah's been cruising for the past 2 months, so I knew it was coming.  This past week, though, it was as if something went off in her little brain.  She was more daring, reaching the end of the table or couch or wall and reaching out to see if she could take that next step all on her own.  Most times, she would stumble and fall, but oh so gracefully.  Living up to her middle name of Grace, I guess.

Even after she would sit down, Kellah wouldn't sit still.  Oh no!  She would crawl to the nearest thing, or person, and stand back up and be off again.


Kellah doesn't seem to realize that she is a little baby in the midst of bigger babies (more like toddlers really), as she wants to do anything and everything Caleb and Jameson are doing.  Not to mention, her big sister Coralyn, who is definitely not a baby by any stretch of the imagination (though I wonder at times when she throws a tantrum or cries for no apparent reason!).



Her small size (25 inches long/tall and about 16 pounds) doesn't deter Kellah from doing what she wants or getting where she wants to go.




And her smile is so big and wide.  She's a happy girl, most of the time.  As long as I am near by, really.  It's quite funny actually.  I will hand her off to Lawrence, and Kellah will start screaming.  He will try to play with her or distract her and make her happy in any way he can.  But he always seems to come up short.  And so he begrudingly brings her back to me.  The second she is in my arms again, she is content.  Then, she looks over at Lawrence, smiles a sneaky little grin, and lays her head on my shoulders.  Sure, baby girl, rub it in.



I don't mind that Kellah is a mama's girl, except at night.  The child has not still realized the value and beauty of a good night's rest.  For about 6 weeks she was sleeping through the night, and it was amazing!  Then, she got a cough and sore ear, which resulted in several nights of screaming for hours on end.  I guess she got accustomed to me holding and rocking her and sleeping with her, and now she wants to do that all.the.time.  I know she will only be little for a short time and this is just a phase of life, one that will pass too quickly, but I really would like to sleep uninterrupted for a good 6 hours.  I don't think that is too much to ask :)

You would think that Kellah would be a giant with all the food she eats.  She puts her 8 teeth to great use, chomping on apples, carrots, and anything she can get her hands on.  Paper seems to be her favorite "food." I will turn my head for 2 seconds and find her with a book, ripping out a page or chewing on the corner.  AGH!  If I could just teach her the love of reading that Coralyn has!  All in good time...

I may be small, but I can make a BIG mess! ;)


Like I said earlier, Kellah is a happy girl.  She loves to clap and "dance."  She will cheer for herself after she takes a few steps or when we are singing or listening to music.  She also claps to sign "All Done," when she is finished nursing or eating in her high chair.  The silly girl also likes to stand up and crawl out of her high chair to let me know she's ready to get down!  I seriously need eyes in the back of my head to keep track of this on-the-go child!



Kellah has a great laugh too.  I love to hear her giggle, especially when I have done something funny and she is having fun with me.  Even better, I LOVE when Coralyn and Kellah are playing together and make each other laugh.  I am so blessed to have girls who enjoy playing together.  I hope this continues as they get older!  I know they will fight, as all good sisters do, but I pray they will be best friends and help each other stand strong and firm as they live for Jesus and  make their love for Him known.



As I reflect on my two girls, as they are both passing important milestones here of late, I can't help but smile and thank God.  He has blessed me BIG TIME.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive