Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kyiah Hesed {3 Months}

How is it possible that my baby girl is 3 months old already?  Seriously, time doesn't seem to ever slow down.  Only speed up, faster and faster.



I want to make the most of every day I have with this precious girl.  I am realizing more and more than we are never guaranteed tomorrow, and so we must make TODAY count.

Enough about that though, and back to the star of the day - Miss Kyiah!!!  She's "talking" now and smiling and laughing.  I love that she is starting to interact with us more and not just stare back at us.

She hasn't rolled over yet, probably because she doesn't like tummy time and cries when I try to get her to do it.  I don't like hearing her cry, so I don't force it.  And honestly, with 5 other kiddos (3 of them are just here for daycare), I don't have time to mess with cranky or fussy babies.  So, I hold Kyiah a lot.  And that's okay.  She may not roll over as quickly as her sisters did.  She may not crawl as early as they did - well, Coralyn never really crawled on her hands and knees but always did more of an army crawl.  She may not walk as soon as they did, but I'm okay if she waits until she's 11 months (Coralyn was just 10 and Kellah was just 9).

She does, however, seem bent on getting her first tooth before either of her sisters did.  Kellah had 4 teeth at 4 months, so that might be quite the feat, but Kyiah is working on her first one (and has been for several weeks)!  She drools all the time and I need to do better at getting a bib on her (especially if my mom is going to be around).

Kyiah is a pretty good sleeper.  Most nights she will go from 8-2 and sometimes 4 before waking up to eat!  I am so thankful for this because it took Kellah 13 months to figure out how to sleep through the night!

She is following in her sisters' footsteps of being little.  At 3 months, she still fits into her newborn sleepers.  They're just now getting a big snug, so I might have to break out the 0-3 month bin soon!  I did the "official" step on the scale while holding the baby and then put the baby down and weigh yourself again trick today.  According to that, Kyiah weighs about 9.5 pounds.  So she's gained about 3 pounds since she was born.

Kyiah seems to be an answer to our prayers for a chill baby.  She's pretty laid back and relaxed and can certainly sleep just about anywhere, in any position.



I love her big blue eyes that seem to try to take in everything around her.  She's quite alert and doesn't like to miss anything.  I've prayed that she will be attentive to the needs and feelings of those around her, that she will stand up for what's right and be a loyal, steadfast friend no matter what the cost.  I pray this carries over in her relationship with Jesus too, standing strong for Him even when no one else does.  We pray she is a reflection of His loyal, steadfast love for us.


I never thought I would have a daughter, let alone THREE!  I am so blessed though and wouldn't want to change anything!  As we celebrate 3 months with Kyiah, I am giving out extra hugs to all three of my precious girlies today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive