Sunday, February 9, 2014

One Year Ago Today

I remember sitting in my bedroom, trying to get to a quiet place where the girls couldn't find me.  I remember shaking as I held my cell phone and dialed Ashleigh's number.  I remember asking lots of questions.  I remember the excitement and anticipation and fear rippling through my body as I gave her the information to put into her computer.  I remember that moment in time like it was just yesterday, even though it was ONE YEAR AGO TODAY.

Yep, hard to believe that ONE YEAR AGO I became a distributor for It Works Global!

Crazy how much has happened in the past year:
*I became a distributor on February 9.
*We moved to our new house on February 24.
*We found out we were pregnant with Kyiah at the beginning of March.
*I turned 30 on March 9.
*I reached the Diamond level and earned a $10,000 bonus in August.
*Lawrence finished grad school and got his Master's in Elementary Administration.
*Kyiah was born.
*I went to Florida for the It Works conference, taking Kyiah with me.

Much more happened, of course, but I still find it hard to believe that a year has passed already since I joined the It Works family (that's exactly what it is too)!  Time has just flown by so quickly!

That's the funny thing about time, it passes no matter what.

So why not make the most of the time we're given?  That's one of my husband Lawrence's favorite scenes from the Lord of the Ring movies.  Gandolf's wise words to Bilbo were moving and inspiring, but we must do more than listen to them.  We MUST take them to heart and live them out in our own lives, making the most of every single day.

The time is going to pass no matter what.

I would hate to look back and realize I have regrets.  I would much rather take a risk and go for something, set a goal and strive to reach it, dream a dream and work to fulfill it.

And that's what I have tried to do over the past year.  Along the way, I've grown as an individual in many ways.  Hopefully, I've helped others do the same.

I do know that I have met new people and made new friends.  People I never would have met if not for It Works.  Friendships I never would have made if not for this crazy wrap business.

I do know that I've learned so much about the human body and nutrition and the ins and outs of true health.  I have seen numerous friends and family members and even strangers benefit from the NATURAL health supplements and wellness products It Works has to offer.  I have watched lives change as people invest in their health, and that is so extremely rewarding and exciting.

I also know that I've helped my family financially and enabled others to do the same.  I've celebrated with friends and team mates as they earn bonuses, get their commission checks, put wrap cash in their bank accounts.  We are all working to pay off debt, make special memories with our families, and give to others in various ways. We believe this blessing is meant to be passed on.  We want to make a difference around the world - in big and small ways.  We want to create a legacy for our children.  We want to live more and give more.  We want to make the most of the time we have been given.

Maybe you're like I was and have watched others post about It Works.  You see the before and after pictures and are skeptical.  You think it's a gimmick, just a quick fix.  You doubt that the wraps really work.  I understand.  That was me.  Before I saw person after person after person have results before my very own eyes.  I have too many pictures of too many people to ever deny the effectiveness of the wrap ever again.  I've also come to realize that the wrap is way more than fitting into a pair of jeans or a dress.  It truly is about health.  I just LOVE how the wrap can do everything from help boost someone's self-confidence to help a couple finally get pregnant after years of trying everything they could think of without any "luck" to help alleviate someone's back or joint pain to help someone lose weight and go off medications and so much more.  And that's just the wrap!!!!  We have an entire line of NATURAL supplements and skin care products too!  I could write pages and pages about what those are doing for people!

Or maybe you're like I was and think the money It Works distributors is unrealistic.  You think it sounds too good to be true.  But, let me just tell you, IT'S NOT!!!  And if not for It Works and the money I made as a distributor this year, our family would have been hurting financially.  We might have had to go back on WIC or follow a bean and rice diet.  When half my income from daycare was unexpectedly taken away, our budget had some holes, big gaping holes.  Thankfully, God had brought It Works into our lives at just the right time.

Perhaps you're like I was and think you're too busy for one more thing or that you wouldn't do well in It Works because you're not a salesperson.  As far as the time excuse goes -- we all have 24 hours in a day to use however we want, and if you want something, you can make time for it.  I know distributors who started when they were working full time jobs and going to grad school and being a wife and mom.  Good news is that they now get to stay at home with their kiddos full time, after just a year or a little more in the business.  And regarding the salesperson excuse -- the products really speak for themselves; you don't have to be a salesperson at all.  This business is truly all about relationships.  And I LOVE that!

So, here's the deal.  A year has passed.  You've watched me for a year now.  I watched my friend Ashleigh for that long.  Man, I wish I would have joined her sooner. I am so thankful my friend Melissa took the leap of faith and joined It Works, because when I saw her do it, I knew I could do.  The past year certainly wasn't what I would have planned for my life, but it's so much better!


As I reflect on the past year, I want to invite you to join me in this crazy, amazing journey THIS YEAR.  The time is going to pass anyway, so why not make the most of it?


Why not take a risk (it's only a $99 investment to start and you make your money back right away)?
Why not see if It Works can make a difference in your health, in your finances, in your life?
Why not go for it?
Why not?


Give me a call.  Let's talk.  I'd be more than happy to answer whatever questions you may have.  Goodness knows I had plenty of them before I made the decision a year ago.

Let's join together this year and make it our best one yet!!!  Let's make the most of the time we are given!

I'm already excited about what YOUR story is going to be A YEAR FROM NOW because of a decision you make TODAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive