Thursday, October 23, 2014

Things That Make a Mom Cry

Loads of dirty laundry.
Loads of clean laundry waiting to be folded and put away.

A sink full of dirty dishes.
A husband who unloads and reloads the dishwasher without being asked.

Play rooms that look like an EF5 tornado tore through them.
Children who whine and complain about cleaning up the mess THEY made (with no grumbling whatsoever at the time of destruction).

Precious girlies who run up to you in the morning, give you a big hug and a kiss, and whisper in your ear, "I love you, Mommy."

A daughter who, out of the blue, asks her friend, while picking up sticks at the park, if he has asked Jesus into his heart like she did - and then proceeds to them him so was scared and didn't know what to say but her mommy and daddy helped her.

Driving past the WIC building where you used to have to go every month to get "coupons" so you could feed your family.


Passing the same building on your way home from watching your oldest daughter have a blast in her gymnastics class, knowing that 2 years ago you were scrambling to find enough money to pay the bills and put gas in the cars and food on the table and realizing that now you have "extra" to do fun things like put your little girl in a gymnastics class.


Coming home to find your husband's car parked in the driveway when you didn't expect to see him until after 11 pm.

Hearing your girls giggle and laugh as they hug their daddy and tell them they love him.

Putting your girls in the bath tub and watching them play together and call each other movie stars as they pile bubbles on their heads.

Reading a Bible story to your girls and having them ask you questions about Jesus.

Getting good-night kisses from all 3 of your girls.
The slobbery ones from the wide-mouthed baby might have been my favorite.

Coming downstairs to a quiet house.

Watching "Parenthood." (I still have 29 minutes, as I write, but I know that I will be crying at some point, if not multiple times, during the show.)


Knowing that this episode takes you one night closer to the final episode of the season, and of the show entirely.

Understanding that the topics and issues the TV show addresses are VERY real and taking place in families all around the world at this very moment.

Recognizing that people are hurting - people I know and love - and I can't personally do anything to "fix" the problems.

Hearing God whisper in my ear, "I know...I will take care of them...all things work together for good of those who love Me..."

Resting in God's strong arms and trusting Him to carry my friends, my family, ME every step of the way as we travel along the paths He has carefully and lovingly prepared for us.

Today, I will have cried all of these tears.
You would think I wouldn't have any tears left to cry.
But, my guess is that I will cry all these and more again tomorrow...


















No comments:

Post a Comment