Wednesday, October 1, 2014

What a Day

Yesterday was a remarkable day.

Nothing truly spectacular or out of this world happened.
Rather, a series of several "little" things took place all throughout the day that reminded me once again how very blessed I am.

To start, I woke up healthy.  I was able to work out and go for a run.  I enjoyed some "alone time" as I made my way through the neighborhood streets and prayed and let God fill my heart with His presence and the peace that comes with knowing He is WITH me.

I returned home and took a shower, with clean, hot water.
I ate breakfast - choosing from a myriad of foods in my fridge and pantry.
I read my Bible, on my phone, in my language, without fear of being discovered or arrested.

I nursed and cuddled by baby girl.
I prepared snacks for my 2 older girls - again choosing from a variety of fresh, healthy foods.
I got everything ready so we could head to the zoo, where we would meet up with some friends.
I fed my 2 older girls breakfast - once more having plenty of food to offer them.
I helped my girls get dressed, letting them pick out clothes from an overflowing closet.
We loaded up in our Yukon, which was full of gas and in great working condition.
We drove to the zoo on paved roads, following traffic rules all drivers knew and understood are in place for our safety.

We walked around the zoo with good friends.
We saw otters, polar bears, monkeys, orangutans, tigers, kangaroos, camels, llamas, penguins, snakes, and quite a few other animals.


We rode a carousel.

We sat down on a picnic table in a shaded area to enjoy the lunches we had packed.


We said good-bye and loaded back up into our Yukon to head home.

I got a Facebook message from a team mate saying she was enrolling a new distributor on her team.  She was beyond excited that her friend was going to join us on this incredible, life-changing journey!

We played and rested.
Then, we went out again, this time to a nearby park to hang out with more friends.
The girls swang and slid and ran around collecting walnuts and acorns.
I chatted with a fellow mom, encouraging each other that our kids are eating enough and learning and growing and interacting well with other boys and girls their age.
We enjoyed berry chillers from Starbucks.



I got another Facebook message from another team mate saying she was enrolling a new loyal customer and needed to know how to place her under a distributor on her team to help her out and to get closer to promoting herself.  She was super excited about how God was bringing people to her and having them celebrate with her as she sees some amazing results from using the natural health products herself.

When it was time to go home, we loaded up in the Yukon yet again.
We stopped by the grocery store to get a gift card for a friend in the hospital.
We finally got home and sat down to eat supper, which had been cooking all day in the crockpot.

As I put the meat, potatoes, and carrots on the girls' plates, I talked with a fellow mama on the phone and signed her up to be on my It Works team.

Yet another team mate sent me a message letting me know she would be enrolling a new customer and placing her under a team mate.  That order would mean she promoted to the next rank in our company, and she was delighted to say the least.  She was just as excited about the fact that the order would also mean that another girl on her team was promoting too.

By now, I was in tears - of joy - as I watched God knock down obstacles, move barriers, and answer prayers.  I was filled with awe at how He was working.  BUT, He wasn't done...

I made a quick trip to the hospital to visit a friend recovering from surgery.  We chatted.  We prayed, knowing that only God could completely heal her and restore her to full health.  Quickly.  So she could be with her 2 girls again.  We hugged and I went back home.

My husband and I put the girls to bed, all dressed in comfy pajamas and tucked in under their favorite blankets and surrounded by their most precious stuffed animals.  Then, we went back downstairs to enjoy a little snack and catch the rest of the baseball game...

The Royals were playing a Wild Card game and needed the win to continue in the postseason.  They were down 7 to 3 in the bottom of the 8th inning.  You would have thought all hope of winning was lost.  BUT, the fans put on their rally caps and cheered their team to victory.  That's right, after TWELVE innings the Royals pulled off the win, defeating the Oakland A's and advancing to the postseason for the first time since 1985!!!


As my husband and I watched the game from the comfort of our couch, I got a text message from a fellow mama wanting to know if there was still time to enroll and be eligible for the $10,000 bonus?  Again, I was moved to tears.  This mama friend had been thinking about joining my team for over a YEAR and was finally ready to go for it.  I cried as I put her info in and signed her up and then sent her my welcome packet in a Facebook message.

Finally, around midnight, my husband and I climbed our stairs and flopped down into bed, exhausted from a long, but GOOD, day.

Even as my baby girl decided to celebrate the Royals' victory at 1 am and then again from 3-4, I couldn't complain.

I was indeed tired when she woke up at 6 and wanted to nurse AGAIN and then crawl all over me rather than going back to sleep.  Yet, as I laid there in bed trying my best to get in some precious snuggles, I had to smile.

I didn't have to get up.
I didn't have to rush around.
I didn't have to wake my older 2 girls who were thankfully still sound asleep.

Instead, I crawled out of bed once my baby girl would no longer stay put.  We went downstairs, made breakfast, cleaned up the counters, loaded the dishwasher and let it take care of the dirty dishes for us, got supper ready, and read some encouraging devotionals on my phone.

As my older girls came downstairs, one at a time, I got breakfast ready for them.
They all played with the plethora of toys we have in our room set aside just for that purpose.

I read a chapter from Daniel and was amazed at what God was teaching me.  I shared those thoughts on Facebook and checked in on some team pages to see what was happening in the It Works family.

My baby girl is presently in her crib taking a much-needed nap after her restless night and early morning.  My 2 older girls are using the empty cereal box to make a wonderful creation that they will use all day to carry out the stories in their wild imaginations.

I will attempt to get a work out in, then shower - again with clean, hot water.
We will all get dressed - in different clothes than yesterday.
We will load up in the Yukon and drive to multiple stores to pick up items for my oldest daughter's birthday party that is on Saturday.
We will come home and eat lunch - picking whatever we want and not worrying about having enough to go around or fill everyone's tummy.
We will play and rest and read books.  We might watch a little mini movie on Netflix.
We will eat supper.
We will change and go to a local church so our girls can participate in the AWANA program, learning God's Word and having fun with friends their age.
We will come home, brush our teeth, get into our pajamas, and climb into our beds.

We will do all of this without much thought.
We won't realize how blessed we are to have electricity, paved roads, running water, food, clothes, and so much more that far too many people in the world DON'T have access to today, or any day.
We might take our freedoms for granted.
We might think we are entitled to this "luxurious" lifestyle.
And if something doesn't go exactly the way we planned or intended, we might get upset.

"What a day!" we might sigh.

Rather, "What a day!" we should praise God for His abundant blessings He is lavishly pouring out on us day after day after day.

I for one am completely overwhelmed with the ways He has made Himself known to me in the past couple days.

As I reflect on my perfectly ordinary day yesterday, I would be remiss to thank God for bringing It Works into my life.

For without that "job," I wouldn't have been able to spend the day at the zoo yesterday and see my girls exclaim in wonder as they watched the polar bear do back flips in the water or try to give the penguins high fives through the glass window.

Without that "job," I would have never met my friend we hung out with at the park.  I wouldn't have gotten out of my comfort zone and introduced myself to a random stranger at the library, nor joined the Moms Club she told me about, or followed up to have a separate play date with just her.

Without that "job," I would have never met my friend I visited in the hospital either.  I wouldn't have handed her a coupon at the splash park that led to a conversation that lead to another play date that led to an amazing friendship only God could create.

Without that "job," I wouldn't have had extra cash to use to get her family a gift card for the grocery store so they would have one less thing to worry about financially this week.

Without that "job," I wouldn't have gotten encouraging messages all throughout the day from my team mates letting me know how excited they were about new customers, new team mates, promotions, and the joy they had from helping others.

Without that "job," I wouldn't have had the opportunity to welcome 2 more mamas to my team.  I wouldn't have had the tools or resources to equip them to make extra money for their families so they can stay home with their babies and pay off debt and enjoy life to the fullest.

Without that "job," I wouldn't have been able to sleep in this morning after a long night.  I wouldn't have been able to get up at my leisure, fix breakfast for my girls, plan a special birthday party for my daughter who is so excited to turn 5, or do any of the other "normal" things I do all day every day without a second thought.

You see, this "job" is so much more than that.
This "job" is what makes it possible for me to say with tears of joy, "What a day!"





No comments:

Post a Comment