Monday, March 9, 2015

Excuses OR Reasons

I have come to find that life truly is all about - or at least 90% - perspective.  Maybe a little attitude in there too.  It's definitely NOT about what happens to you, but rather how you respond.  Whether good or bad, circumstances don't define you.  Your HEART does.  Your MIND does.  Character and outlook play a much bigger role than we realize.


Last night, at a team training, I was struck with something a leader said, "People's excuses are really their reasons."  

What did she mean?  Well, I work for a natural health and wellness company.  Part of my "job" is sharing the opportunity with others and inviting them to join me on this journey of helping others look and feel their best, find financial freedom, and fulfill their dreams.  Quite often, though, I am told NO.  People have their various "excuses" for not being able to become a distributor.

Too busy
Not enough money
Don't know very many people
Shy personality
Not healthy themselves so don't think they can represent a health company well
Lack confidence
Not a salesperson

For every excuse I am given, I like to turn that into a REASON for the person to actually do this with me.  Let's take a look at what I mean:

Too busy - this "job" can provide you with freedom of time.  I personally quit my in-home daycare and now have all the time in the world to spend with my 3 girls (and a baby on the way).  We get to go to the park, zoo, storytime, nature center, run errands, play outside, read books, build block towers, bake cookies, color pictures, or whatever else suits our fancy that day. I have MORE time now than I did before I joined It Works.  I COUNTLESS other moms AND dads who have "retired" and stay home with their kiddos.

One of the leaders last night shared how she used her 21 minute lunch break as a teacher to work her business every day.  She just turned in her notice that next year she will be staying home with her kids.  21 minutes!!  She focused and was intentional with that little bit of time she did have and CHOSE to use it to build her business, and now she gets to fulfill her dream of being home with her babies!

It's all how you look at the time you have.  We are all given 24 hours a day.  Maybe you could use 5 minutes of your lunch break to call or message people about the health products or business opportunity.  Perhaps you could do the same thing in the evening while you watch your favorite show (or at least during commercials).  You could do the same thing while waiting in the car rider line to pick up your child from school.  You could do the same thing after the kiddos are in bed.  You could use a voice messager while you are folding laundry, loading the dishwasher, wiping down the counters, or cleaning the toilets.  If there is a will, there is a way.  If you don't have the time to do this business, that isn't an excuse - it's a reason you NEED to do it, so you can have more time and own  your time and be free to do whatever you want with it!!!!  I can show you how to make the most of your time and build your business very quickly (and even earn a $500 bonus THIS month)!


Not enough money - this "job" can provide you with financial freedom.  Last month, I earned MORE than my hubby did with his full time teaching job.  The $99 I invested 2 years ago has been worth every penny as we have paid off all debt except our house (and are working on getting that done in the next 3 years), pay cash for everything, have money set aside for summer vacation already, have been able to give more, and haven't stressed when unexpected expenses like car repairs or hot water heater replacements come up!

I personally know people who have earned $60,000+ in bonuses alone and paid off crazy amounts of debt!  I know people who are able to VOLUNTEER in various ministries because they make 5-6 figures a MONTH with their It Works commission checks.

I know people who borrowed money or sold things on Craiglist or had a garage sale to get the $99 to buy their starter kit.  Again, it's all about perspective and how badly you want to change your situation.  If you don't have $99 to spare, then that's not an excuse to not do the business - it's a reason you NEED to do it!!!  You shouldn't have to live paycheck to paycheck and worry about bills and expenses all the time.  You should be able to rest easy and breathe easy and have the money you need to be able to fulfill your dreams, whatever they may be.  And I can show you how to make your money back IMMEDIATELY by selling the 4 wraps you get in your kit!


Don't know very many people - perfect opportunity to meet new people and make new friends!  And I bet you know more people than you think. The beauty of this business is that you only need to know THREE people who could use more money and FOUR people who need more energy, want to lose weight, have skin, etc.  I KNOW you know 7 people.  I have heard the average person knows 250 people, and this week I learned the average person has 328 friends on Facebook.  So, I know you know 7 people.  Watch it go from there.  It's crazy!!!  (for example, I welcomed a new team mate this morning, and within an hour, she had enrolled her first team mate!!  I have never met my team mate's team mate, but FB will connect us and through that I can help them both grow their businesses even more)


Shy personality - we have shy people who are in the top 100 earners!  You can be YOU.  There is no cookie cutter for this business.  ANYONE can be successful.  Seriously...


Not healthy enough yet - you can use the products and be a testimony of how they work.  People will see your story and see the products work and believe in them and want to use them too!  Start where you are at. If we were to wait until we were ready or have more time or skinny enough or know more people or know more about the products or understand the business better, we would never get anything done.  The perfect place to start is where you are at.  And the perfect time to start is NOW!


Lack confidence - we have an amazing team to support you and encourage you and help you!  You won't be alone, ever.  We will rally around you like family - better than some families.  I have made some of the best friends through It Works.  I have also grown as a person and feel like my confidence is growing the longer I am in this business.  As I come to believe in myself, I am more passionate about helping others do the same, to see the potential that lies inside them and live up to it.  I may not know you very well, but I DO believe in you.  And I would be honored to help you learn how to believe in yourself!


Not a salesperson - I'm not either.  No one in this business is.  At least not the successful ones.  No ones wants to be sold anything.  I HATE selling.  But I do LOVE sharing.  Sharing products.  Sharing stories.  Sharing hope.  Sharing inspiration.  Sharing my time.  Sharing my heart.  I am all about sharing.  I can share all day long.  That's why I share and tell everyone I can about what these products are doing for me and my family and friends.  That's why I share and tell everyone I can about what this business is doing for me and my family and our friends.  It Works is such a blessing to me, I can't NOT share it.  That would be selfish and wrong.  I am blessed to be a blessing, and thus I am COMPELLED to share with everyone I can!


I am sure there are other "excuses" out there, but as you have seen pretty much any excuse NOT to do this is really a REASON you SHOULD do this.


I know it's scary.
And different.

BUT, I assure you it's amazing and wonderful and will bless your socks off!
All you have to do is SAY YES and we can get you on your way...


No comments:

Post a Comment