Friday, March 6, 2015

GPS

The other day, as I was driving my 3 girls to a play date at a new friend's house, I hit with a thought...

"Turn right on Randolph..." the GPS voice from my phone instructed me.
And I turned.
No questions asked.
I assumed the phone would get me where I wanted to go.
I didn't research the area first.
I didn't check out where I was going before I left.
I simply hopped in the car, put in the address my new friend had given me, and pushed the Go Arrow to be on our way.

What would I do without GPS?
Get lost.
Stay home and never experience new adventures.
Miss out on far too memories to count.


The same is true for LIFE.
What if we waited until we knew every single step we would take, every single turn we would make, every single hill we would climb, every single valley we would go down, every single move we would make in this life to do anything?

We would be stuck.
Sitting at home.
Waiting.
Forever.


We would never go anywhere or do anything.
Because we will NEVER figure everything out.
We will NEVER know all the details in advance.

And that is a GOOD thing.
If we did, we would probably scare ourselves out of trying anything or going anywhere.
We would look at the hard times and forget how they will be surrounded by so many good ones.
We would sit on our hands and stay locked up and do our best to "be safe."
Yet, in the process, our lives would become boring and dull and mundane.
We would miss out on sooooo much!


Adventures are out there to be had.
They are calling your name.
Are you listening?
How will you respond?

Will you mute the phone?
Turn it off completely?

OR will you put in an address (goal, dream, idea), TRUST GOD (the ultimate GPS), and follow His lead?  He's gone before you.  He knows the way.  He MADE the Way.  He IS the Way.  He will guide you every step of the way, holding your hand and even carrying you on His back if need be.


Will there be mountains and valleys?
YES.

Will there be sharp turns and rocky, steep hills?
Will there be jagged cliffs?
Will there be dark tunnels?
YES.

Will there be glorious sights too beautiful to try to express?
Will there be sunsets and sunrises that take your breath away?
Will there be feelings of victory and awe and power and joy and peace and strength?
You better believe it.

Will it be worth every crashing wave, every dark night, every stressful morning, every dead end, every "wrong" turn, every traffic jam, every thunderstorm, every fiery trial?
Yes, yes, and YES!!!!



God is an adventurous God.
And we are made in His image.
He created us for a purpose.
A purpose FAR bigger than ourselves.
And if we are to live up to our potential, to enjoy the ABUNDANT life Jesus Christ left heaven and all its glory to come to earth to provide for us, then we MUST abandon the "safety" of our homes.  We MUST be willing to go down the unbeaten path.  We MUST be willing to trust that our God knows the way that is best for us and will lead us down it.  We MUST be willing to follow.

Guess what the first step is in starting this kind of passionate, purposeful living?
Taking the first step.




No comments:

Post a Comment