Wednesday, April 17, 2013

All My Children

My girls are growing up before my very eyes.  I blink and they can do 5 more new things.  I turn around and look back to find them soaring to new heights, or at least on top of some table or toy.
Usually Kellah LOVES being on top of things, but today she just wanted down!

Coralyn is now officially three and a half years old!

Some quick facts about Coralyn:
*Most days she likes to stay in her pajamas, all day long.

*If we go out she gets dressed, picking out her own clothes all by herself.  Usually, she chooses a dress (she does NOT like regular shirts these days), a skirt, and some leggings.

*I force the poor child to wear socks and shoes.  If she had her way, she would run around barefoot all the time!  Or oddly, when she's inside she will wear just one sock.  The second she gets outside, though, for whatever reason, both shoes and socks come off!

*She loves to eat.  Some of her favorites are peanut butter -- anything with peanut butter: bananas, bagels, oatmeal, muffins, carrots.  She also loves to help me bake, mainly so she can lick the bowl and have a treat when it's out of the oven! :)


*She loves to read!  She will still grab a pile of books, plop down in a chair, and read her little heart out.  She will read her Bible at night after we've put her to bed, sometimes for an hour or more!


*She loves to explore and has a vivid imagination.  She is a goof ball too and loves to play dress up!



*She is quite the fashionista, when she does decide to put on actual clothes.

*She loves to make crafts -- being it coloring, using stickers, painting, or whatever she comes up with.  She is creative and likes to make things.

*She has the memory of an elephant, never forgetting anything, including how to get someplace.  "If you turn here, Mommy, you will get to the library," or, "If we go down that way, we will be at Kinsey's house," she randomly informs me as we are driving along, sometimes in places we haven't been for months!  She is definitely her father's daughter when it comes to her sense of direction.

*She is a lover, telling me over and over again throughout the day that she loves me.  Makes my heart melt. Her love languages are definitely time and touch, as she loves giving hugs and kisses and spending time with me.  Anywhere I am, she wants to be there too, right beside me, doing whatever I am.  I love it!

*Best of all, she loves Jesus!  With her child-like faith, she blows me away.  As I tell her about Jesus dying on the cross or heaven or whatever Bible story she has asked me to read, she will usually end the conversation with a confident, "I believe in Jesus, Mommy!"  Does my heart so very good!


Kellah is 16 months old today!

And here's what's new with Kellah these days:
*She's still a little peanut, weighing in around 17 pounds and wearing those 6-9 month clothes like they will never go out of style.
Kellah playing with Emery, the baby girl I take care of 2 days a week.
Emery is only 5 months old and weighs more than Kellah, wears bigger clothes and diapers too!

*She is starting to talk a little bit more, saying actual words, but not too often.  Why would she need to do that when she has Coralyn and the daycare kiddos to do all the talking for her!

*She does like to be in the middle of the action and is involved in everything the other kids are doing.

*She loves to climb and has absolutely no fear.  She can get on top of the desk in the play room, climb the ladder to Coralyn's loft bed, and use a little stool/chair to get things off the kitchen counter all by herself.  I discovered this last one when I went to put some stray toys away and came back in the kitchen to find Kellah sitting on the floor with her supper plate that had been on the counter when I left just seconds before!



*She is starting to mimic her older sister -- wiping her hair out of her eyes, dipping carrots in applesauce, and running away when I say it's time to get dressed.

If Coralyn is going to color, then Kellah is too!

And if  Coralyn stands up on a chair to help me, then Kellah goes and gets a chair for herself!

*The girl has a sense of humor and loves to laugh.  Her giggle is one of the sweetest sounds ever!

*She is also a helper, knowing which shoes and coat belong to each of the daycare kiddos and makes sure as soon as a mom shows up that she has items in hand to give her.  She even tries to carry Emery's big ol' diaper bag to her mom!  So sweet...

*She's starting to be interested in using the potty and has gone several times, all on her own accord.  I have learned, however, NOT to leave her undiapered, even for a short time because she will poop and pee all over the carpet in the time it takes me to run upstairs and get a new diaper!

*She is becoming Little Miss Independent, wanting to feed herself, including putting the food on her spoon without any help.  She isn't afraid to try new things, especially if she sees someone else doing it.  Heaven forbid she be left out or thought she is too small to do something!
She will carry her plate to the table for lunch, and then bring it to me when she's all done!
*She gives great hugs and kisses and knows how to melt my heart with her "Mama!"


Baby #3 is about 11-12 weeks along and the size of a big plum.
*His/her heart is beating, elbows are bending, and organs are developing and starting to function.  Crazy!
*We have our first prenatal appointment this evening with our midwife and friend Amber Walla.  I am looking forward to hearing the heartbeat!  We are actually hoping to maybe hear two of them!
*We will find out the gender of this baby sometime this summer.  Boy or girl, we are just praying for a healthy baby and are looking forward to welcoming him/her/them to our family this fall!
*My heart fills with joy when Coralyn prays at a meal or bedtime, "Thank you for me, and Kellah, and the baby in Mommy's tummy."  She loves our baby and wants to make sure he/she doesn't choke when I am eating things like almonds! :)

I love all my children and am so blessed to be a mommy!  In addition to being a wife, it's the best gig in the entire world!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive