Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Big Ask Part 2

I am scared to type this, to make my request public.
God already knows the desires of my heart.
He and I have spoken about them many, many, many times over the past several days.
While HE is the only one who really needs to hear my pleas, I feel compelled to share my prayers and reveal myself to you all.

Not to sound selfish or greedy, but rather to showcase God's marvelous, abundant, LAVISH grace which He freely bestows on His children, and DELIGHTS in doing so.


My hope is that as I pour out my heart, you will join with me in making YOUR requests known to the Lord as well.  And together, we can CELEBRATE as God does His amazing, supernatural work in our lives.

Before I share my Big Ask "Part 2," I want to set the stage.
This past week, I read a somewhat familar verse - in Christian circles at least.  Hebrews 11:6 not only provides us with a definition of FAITH, but also gives us a beautiful glimpse at the wonderous character of our Heavenly Father.

"And without FAITH it is impossible to please Him, for whoever would draw near to God must BELIEVE that He EXISTS and that He REWARDS THOSE WHO SEEK HIM."


I love this verse so much, and as I read it again last week, my heart was flooded with so many emotions. Joy, peace, thankfulness, gratitude, awe, humility, surrender, wonder, and more.  It's not just that God IS but that He rewards those who seek Him.  He makes Himself known to those who look for Him.  He blesses those who come after Him.  And not begrudingly or sparingly, but rather with abundance and joy and love and DELIGHT.  He finds PLEASURE in rewarding those who love Him and trust Him with their lives.

With THAT in mind, I was assured that I was not being selfish or greedy in making yet another request to my God.  Instead, I was being welcomed with open arms and a huge smile, invited - URGED - to come into His presence, to climb up onto my Daddy's lap, to rest my head on His chest, and pour my heart out to Him.  He wasn't offended in the least.  He was DELIGHTED.


And so it is with much EXCITEMENT that I now share wtih YOU my Big Ask "Part 2."  If you remember, back in March, I asked God to make it possible for my husband and I to earn $50,000 in bonuses from our company It Works.  What looked humanly impossible was a perfect opportunity for my God to blow me away and do "infinitely more than I could ever ask or imagine!"  On March 31, we officially promoted to Diamond and Double Diamond, earning $50,000 in bonus money!


That money - paid out over the course of 25 months - has already paid for our mission trip to Ethiopia AND enabled us to start setting aside money for a future adoption fund!  Totally a blessing from God!  Many might think that blessing enough.  And indeed it is!  I am beyond thankful to the Lord for what HE has done in my family's life!

Yet, I felt compelled to ask for MORE.
Not for myself.
Not to pad my pockets.
But rather to equip my husband and me and our family (3 young girls and a baby on the way) to BLESS even more people in even BIGGER ways.

And one thing that has been impressed on both my husband and my hearts is to start pursuing adoption sooner rather than later.  The process can take YEARS, so if we want our TWO kiddos in our home in the next 2 years or so, we had better get going!


Earlier this week, I read in Proverbs 3:

"Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be FILLED WITH PLENTY and your vats will be BURSTING with wine."

That verse reminded me of a passage in the book of Malachi:

"Bring the full tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in My house.  And thereby put Me to the test, says the Lord of hosts, if I will not open the windows of heaven for you and pour down for you a blessing until there is no more need."

Um, WOW!
Brings be back full circle to Proverbs 3 and an extremely popular section of verses:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart.  Do NOT lean on your own understanding.  In ALL your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."


As you surrender your life to God, trusting Him to do HIS will in your life and bring about the GOOD plans He has for you, He makes Himself known to you.  Not only that, He BLESSES you.

So that you can in turn bless others!
He makes Himself known to us, so we can proclaim His name and make Him known among ALL the nations!

Bonuses are "up for grabs" again this month.  My husband is SUPERCLOSE to promoting to the rank of Double Diamond and earning a $15,000 bonus.  I am somewhat close to reaching Triple Diamond, and if that were to happen, I would earn a $25,000 bonus.  That would be another $40,000 in bonus money.  Some mind think me crazy to ask for such a thing, but here I am asking anyway.


The task before us is HUGE. Daunting.  Almost humanly impossible.
For a second that scared me and kept me from asking this of my God.
Then, He reminded me of WHO He is - all powerful, all knowing, all sufficient.
But even more - gracious, ABOUNDING in love, DELIGHTING in blessing His children!

And then of course there's the WHAT He can DO part - "infinitely more than I could ever ask or imagine!"


How dare I limit Him!

So, I'm not.
Not anymore.

Today, I am making my Big Ask "Part 2" known.
I am "anxious" to see what God does with this request.
We have 25 days left in the month to make this happen.
Not all that long, but then again, He did make the entire universe in just SIX days.
I'd say 25 is plenty of time...

If you would like to "support" us as we raise money for our future adoptions (we would like to bring TWO kiddos home), we would love to tell you more about any of the natural health and wellness products It Works has to offer!  The money you INVEST in those products goes A LONG ways.  You see, it really is MULTIPLIED as your orders result in us promoting and earning these incredible bonuses!  $40,000!


If you would like to JOIN us on this adventure, we would be delighted to have you come along on this life-changing journey!

It Works has been such a BLESSING to us, and we feel compelled to share it with as many people as possible!  The income we receive allows us to have the freedom to breathe and to GIVE when God makes a need known to us.  We are a sieve.  As He pours Himself out on us, His love and grace and mercy and peace and joy and strength flow through us to others.  At least that is our hope and prayer!

THAT is the longing of my heart as I share this BIG ASK with you today!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive