Thursday, January 6, 2011

15 Months

It's another Tuesday. The 6th of the month. Which can only mean one thing: Coralyn is 15 months old today! How has this happened, that my baby girl has grown up so fast?! Before I know she will be in kindergarten...

For now, she is still my "baby girl." I don't know when you are technically supposed to stop calling your children babies, but I don't care. I know she's not a baby. In fact she is quite the "toddler" and at times already displaying symptoms of the "terrible two's." For the most part she is just an happy go lucky, very busy little girl.

In addition to all she could do at 14 months, Coralyn can now:
*baa like a sheep
*bark like a dog
*meow like a cat
*wiggle her hand for fish
*pretend she is riding a horse
*do a "choo-choo" motion for a train
*help get her coat on and off
*let me put "pretties" (barrettes and clips) in her hair for piggy tails
*load and unload her dumptruck
*match a picture to another picture of the same thing
*give hugs and kisses
*identify her eyes, ears, mouth, and nose
*identify her head, tummy, and toes (we are currently working on knees)
*say "Amen" (kind of) when we are done praying
*move her arm like she is throwing darts if we ask her if she wants to play
*get the ball out of the foos ball table goal and put it back in the slot for us to play again
*hold a ping pong paddle and ball (can you tell we've been spending a lot of time downstairs in the game room?)
*put clothes in the basket into the washer
*take clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer
*take clothes from the dryer and put them in the basket
*use her kitchen toys and food to make us a delicious meal, which she brings to us complete with plate, food, and eating utensil
*say "uh-oh" when she drops something
*put out her hands and shrug her shoulders when we say "Where is it?" or "I don't know"
*give high fives
*blow her nose into a tissue
*"swim" in the bathtub

I am sure there is more, but for time's sake, I will end there. I am so blessed to have such a special baby girl. I love her so much. It's fun and exciting to watch her grow up. She is such a great helper and quite compassionate (she stands in time out when the other kids get in trouble and stays there until they are done, or she will wait and make sure everyone is coming when I say it's time for a snack or lunch). I look forward to seeing how God uses these personality traits (gifts from Him really) in the future. I am delighted that I get to be part of the process of helping her grow up into the young lady he has created her to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive