Thursday, January 6, 2011

Taking the Words Right Out of My Mouth

I was planning on blogging about Daniel today, but then I read today's devotional from 31 Days of Praise, a book given to me by a dear friend when I was in her wedding. I have just recently started reading each day's excerpt, and today's was especially fitting. As you will see...

The author, Ruth Myers, begins the day's devotional with this, "Thank You that You have me in the place You want me just now..." Then goes on to say, "...all is well; for in Your sovereign wisdom You are at work to bring about good results...good results both for me and for others."

Here's the kicker though: "Thank you again that You meant for good the terrible things that happened to Joseph, who was sold into slavery, exiled into a distant country, and later sent to prison on false accusations...and that through all this You had him in the right place at the right time, for highly important reasons. I'm glad, Lord, that You are the same today -- well able to work things out for us, to turn evil into good. I stand amazed at the complexity and mystery of Your wisdom. How safe it is for me to trust Your reason for acting (or not acting) and Your methods of working!

See, I told you it was fitting, given that I had been thinking about Joseph's situation and his response to the trials God allowed in his life. I wonder if God is trying to teach me something here :)

Myers continues, "So I rest in the fact that You have me in this place for this day, and I praise You that You will faithfully guide me throughout life to just where You want me to be, as I seek to do Your will."

One last punch to get the idea in my head, "And most important of all my place is in You...How my soul delights to hide in the secret of Your presence...to take refuge in the shadow of Your wings, to eat at Your table, to drink my fill of the river of Your delights. How blessed I am, my King and my God, for You have chosen me, and brought me near, to live in Your presence, to behold Your delightfulness, to seek Your counsel...And to think that I will dwell in Your house forever!"

I guess we will have to wait until tomorrow to see what I have learned through Daniel's life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive