Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One of Each

Today is a big day for our family.

This morning we had a sonogram and found out that we will be having another little GIRL come December. We were kind of hoping for a boy because we would love to have one of each, but we aren't disappointed with the results at all! We are thrilled our baby is healthy and apparently quite cooperative as she was in position from the start for us to get a great shot of her backside and determine the gender immediately. She was squirmy, but still let us get some good shots of her face, legs, feet and toes, and at one point she even seemed to wave to us as we took a picture of her sweet face. We could see her tiny heart beating (162 bpm) and got a glance of her itty bitty stomach too. We saw her brain, and everything appears to be developing well there too. At various times during the sonogram I could feel the baby kick and see her legs moving on the screen. I was already in love with my baby, but after this morning everything seems even more real. December seems like forever away, as I can hardly wait to meet this precious little one and hold her close and kiss her all over.

Coralyn did a great job during the sonogram. She kept pointing to the screen and saying, "Baby." She was ultimately more interested in playing with the babies they had in the office though. Seeing a replica of the 20 week baby made my heart melt as I watched our own baby up on the screen. So tiny, and yet so full of energy! Like I said, I can hardly wait to meet my bundle of joy, not to mention introduce Coralyn to her little sister.

Finding out our baby's gender made for an exciting morning, but our day is far from over. In just a few hours we will meet our foster child, an 11 year old boy. So, in a way, we are indeed adding both a boy and a girl to our family! We get one of each after all! :) We would greatly appreciate your prayers as we make this huge transition. As the time draws closer and closer, my heart seems to beat faster and faster and my mind is racing 100 miles an hour. Yet, just like I was somewhat anxious about our sonogram this morning, I have a deep peace that only God could give. Just as I am confident that God is shaping and molding the little one inside of me, I know He is at work in this situation. He has brought this boy to our home to transform all of us. And just as I can hardly wait to meet my little baby, I am excited to see what all God has in store for us as we begin this new phase of our journey with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive