Friday, January 27, 2012

Kodak Moments

Or should I say kairos moments :)

Really, just a bunch of pictures, mainly for the grandparents, but the rest of you can enjoy them too. Of course these snapshots can't fully capture all the joy and craziness of life in the Young house, but they will have to do...

When we found out Kellah was a girl, I was slightly disappointed.
We had really wanted a boy, since we want to have at least one girl and one boy someday. BUT, now I am so glad that Kellah is a girl. I love that Coralyn has a little sister to play with and have as a best friend growing up, at least that is my prayer for these girlies!


Coralyn has adjusted really well to her new role as a big sister.
She thinks Kellah should enjoy reading as much as she does, and so she grabbed a pile of books, climbed in Kellah's crib, and started reading to her!
Kellah wasn't all the interested, but it was still precious!

We've been having "school time" each day.
It's not for very long and we don't do all that much, but Coralyn really seems to enjoy it.
This week we have been learning about the letter Bb, same vs. different, and bugs.
We have focused specifically on butterflies and bees (since they start with "b").
She was quite proud of her work and wanted to show Daddy right away.


Tomorrow, Kellah will be 6 weeks old!
She is growing up so fast! Before I know it, she will be holding up "school" work she has done (I don't even want to think about how old Coralyn will be then and what she will be doing)!

See how they grow!
On Tuesday, we watched Abigail for a little bit. She is only 5 months old, but I thought she was gigantic compared to Kellah! Made me realize once again how quickly kids grow up!
So I had to stop and capture the moment, a kairos moment!

I have been reflecting on the "simplicity" of my life lately. In the past I think I would have considered my life very routine, and even boring (not sure how life can be boring when you have 2 little girls, but...). I do the same thing over and over again, day after day, week after week. Yes, there are some slight variations based on weather and such, but really it's pretty predictable.

And that is OKAY! In fact, this morning I told Lawrence, who is home sick, that I rather like my life. I don't really think I would want to change it, that's for sure. I am so very blessed. I get to stay at home with my two precious girlies, and teach childbirth classes on the weekend. I truly live a good life.

Well, one of those precious little ladies needs me, so off I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive