Friday, January 6, 2012

Sweet Dreams

Today's going to be a great day.
First, and most obvious, it's Friday, which means the weekend is almost here!
Second, I got up before both girls did and was able to have some time to myself.
Third, in about half an hour a family is coming over to meet us and set up things for daycare. At the end of the month, the plan is for me to start watching Brooks, who will be 2 in March, and his little brother Gabe, who is about 8 weeks old! God is so good to have brought this family to us and to provide for our financial needs.

Before the interview, and while Kellah sleeps and Coralyn is distracted with a container of rubber bands which she believes to be beautiful bracelets, I wanted to blog again. Sarah Young (the famous one) really must know me or be inside my head or something because today's devotional followed right on the heels of yesterday and spoke right to my heart. Either that, or God knows right where I am in life and is using this other Sarah Young to speak to me.

Today's devotional is called, "Dare to Dream MY Dream." Once again, it's so good and every word struck a cord, so I am just going to post the entire entry. (Remember that she writes as if it is God talking directly to you.)

Dream your biggest, most incredible dream -- and then know that I am able to do far more than that, far more than you could ever ask or imagine. Allow Me to fill your mind with MY dreams for you.

Don't be discouraged if your prayers are not answered right away. Time is a great teacher. It teaches you to be patient and to trust in my perfect plan -- even when you don't know what is going to happen next.

When everything seems way too hard, that is when you can truly see my Power at work in your life. Don't let this world's craziness drag you into worry. Instead, choose to see all that I am doing around you. Remember, there is not limit to what I can do.

Um....yeah. I ended yesterday's post with 3 dreams, big dreams, that I have. I said I didn't know if these ideas are from God or just my own wild imagination, but that either way God would have to do the work to make them a reality. As I wait for Him to show me if these are my crazy ideas or His perfect plans, I am trying to trust Him with the future, live one day at a time, and do my best to follow hard after Him wherever/however He may lead.

I had no idea today's devotion would encourage me to dream this dreams. And not just that, but to believe God can do things even bigger and better than my hair-brain ideas. As the passage for the devotional reminds me, God "is able to do immeasurably more that all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." (Ephesians 3:20-21)

I also mentioned that I have no idea what the future holds, that I am playing the waiting game right now. When I have to wait, I often get extremely impatient. Sarah Young must have known this about me :) since she wrote, "Don't be discouraged if your prayers are not answered right away. Time is a great teacher. It teaches you to be patient and to trust in My perfect plan -- even when you don't know what is going to happen next." Well, God, that is exactly how I feel right now. Thanks for the reminder! Now please help me do the whole patient thing and trust You while I am waiting. I can see you revealing Your plans little by little, and it's been absolutely amazing so far, so help me keep following You one step at a time, ready to go wherever You lead and do whatever You may show me.

One last thing. Sarah Young must also be aware of my tendency to worry since she wrote, "Don't let this world's craziness drag you into worry. Instead, choose to see all that God is doing around you. Remember, there is no limit to what He can do."

And so that is what I am going to do today, or at least give it my best shot. Which makes reason number four that today is going to be a great day: God is at work and doing things far beyond my wildest dreams. And that is pretty darn sweet!

1 comment:

Blog Archive