Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One Month

Kellah is one month old today!


How is that even possible?!

Where did the time go?!

In some ways, though, it seems like more than a month has passed. I have gotten so accustomed to life with Kellah that I can't imagine life without her. I can't believe we survived before she was a part of our family! :) She has added so much joy to our lives, in such a short time!

I remember doing monthly updates for Coralyn and listing all the new things she could do. I am at a loss of what to say about Kellah for this first month. After all, she is still pretty new :) However, she is growing, and learning, but it's just not as obvious as it will be once she is a little older.

She still eats about every 2 hours -- 3 to 4 during the night (thank goodness). Kellah doesn't dilly dally though; when it's time to eat, she is serious. Coralyn would take for-ev-er, or so it seemed. Kellah is finished in 10-20 minutes! Maybe that is why she eats often... I don't mind, really. I figure I won't get to hold and cuddle her all that long, so I had better enjoy these moments while I can (kairos, right!).

Kellah is sooo close to rolling over from her tummy to her back. She sure is giving it her best effort. And if she's not careful, big sister Coralyn is ready to help her. :)


Speaking of her big sister, Coralyn has done an amazing job adjusting to her new role. She loves, loves, loves Kellah. She wants to hold her, hug her, kiss her, bring her toys, and make sure she has a blanket. If Kellah is crying and I don't get to her right away (as in within 2 seconds), Coralyn gets quite disturbed and tells me, "Kellah's crying, Mommy. Don't you hear her?" Or, "Go get her, Mommy." Coralyn doesn't understand that Kellah actually takes naps and sleeps during rest time, so she is constantly asking me to "get Kellah up" so they can "play" together.


Coralyn has been great at teaching Kellah all about shapes and colors during her tummy time. And whether she wants to or not, Kellah has countless books read to her throughout the day as Coralyn brings me book after book after book to read. Pretty soon, Coralyn will be reading to Kellah on her own! :)


Kellah has the cutest faces and makes the sweetest sounds. I love when she stretches after she is done eating or when she yawns and her mouth makes a perfect little "o."


When she sleeps her lower lip kind of folds up, and it just makes me want to kiss her and eat her up! :)


I'm not sure if she is actually smiling at me when I talk and play with her or if she just has gas or something, but I think she telling me that she's having fun and loves her mommy.


Right now the little miss is sleeping contentedly on my chest. I am trying to get her to sleep in her crib now, and she's doing okay. However, she much prefers when I wear her in the sling or simply hold her. Again, I don't really mind. I know these times will be few and far between as she gets older (if she's anything like Coralyn, who can't seem to sit still for .5 seconds). I want to cherish these moments and enjoy them. BUT, I also want to get things done during nap time while Coralyn is sleeping, or at least playing quietly in her room. I am learning, though, that the dishes and toilets can wait. When my girls look back on their childhood, I would much rather them have memories of me playing with them than their clothes being neatly folded and put away. It's a struggle for a "doer" like me, but I am making progress. It's kind of like God gives me times like right now, with Kellah on my chest, to MAKE me rest, to sit and be still, to come back into His presence, take a few minutes to reflect on life and all that He's teaching me, and above all truly enjoy Him.

So, I guess I am done. I am going to soak up this kairos moment for all it's worth! Who knows when I will get another one today?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive