Saturday, June 30, 2012

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

If, and when, we move to the Kellybrook area, we will have lots of new neighbors.  Most of them with young, school-aged kids.  Coralyn will actually have playmates her age, right next door (most likely)!  I am looking forward to meeting the people who live in the houses we have been driving past the last several weeks.  I am excited about developing friendships with them and introducing them to Jesus as we live side by side.  Our prayer is for them to see Jesus in every area of our lives -- when they come over for supper or play with our kids in the backyard or bump into each other at an elementary music performance or splash each other at the neighborhood pool.

As I mentioned before, the Kellybrook area is densely populated with young families with children.  Around 650 boys and girls ages 5-11 attend the elementary school alone!  Check out this Google Map birds-eye-view of the area these kids call home.  Hopefully, we will soon call it home too!

Today, we went with our realtor, and good friend, to look at quite a few houses.  Several in particular caught our eye.  If everything falls into place, we could be moving into one of those houses soon!  Of course, we have to actually put our house on the market and someone has to want to buy it.  They have to make an offer and be approved for the loan.  The house has to pass inspection and all that jazz.  I'm not sure what all else is involved in selling a house, but I am sure lots of i's will have to be dotted and t's crossed before all is said and done.  Not only to sell our house but for us to buy one as well.  Like I said, everything has to fall into place just right.

I get overwhlemed as I think about jumping through all those hoops, but then right before I start to hyperventilate, God reminds me that He is a God of details, that He has everything all figured out -- even the things I have absolutely no idea about.  He has all His ducks in a row, quacking and waddling just like they are supposed to be.  And so I can rest assured that He will not only provide the perfect place for us to live, but He will also bring the exact right people to our house, at the exact right time.

Please pray with me, and for me, as we continue on this wild and crazy adventure God has laid before us!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive