Thursday, August 16, 2012

Counting My Blessings

I am sooooo blessed!

This week I "went back to work" for the first time in 8 months.  Only I didn't have to leave my house.  Instead, my "job" comes to me!  Three "jobs" actually.


You see, I am doing in-home daycare again this school year.  I have so enjoyed the past 8 months with just my girlies and getting to do lots of fun activities -- trips to the library, different parks, the zoo, Deanna Rose, Martha Lefeit Nature Center, Lakeside Nature Center, the spray park, Crown Center, Union Station, and so much more!  While I am a bit sad to not be able to go and do whatever we want, whenever we want, I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to stay at home with my girls and work at the same time.  God was so faithful to provide for us the past 8 months, as we often didn't know exactly how all the bills were going to be paid.  But not a month went by that we didn't have enough money in the bank.  And now God has brought three precious kiddos to our home for me to take care of and play with every day, and get paid for it!  As I have been "working" these past few days, I have been blown away by God's goodness.  I am so thankful for the way He works and how He brings everything together in the perfect way, at the perfect time.

In fact, He has done "more than I could ever ask or imagine."  Like I said, I was bummed that I wouldn't be able to do things like Storytime at the library.  BUT, I only have one daycare kiddo on Mondays, which just so happens to be when Toddler Storytime is here in Liberty!  And taking along just one more lil' guy is totally doable.  All I needed was an extra carseat, and about 15 minutes after I posted that request on facebook, a good friend let me know she had a carseat all washed up and ready to go for me!  Um, yeah, God is pretty good!

Even more, on Fridays, I only have two daycare kiddos.  We may not be able to go anywhere, but it will be a nice "break" and a good way to kickstart the weekend.  Who knows, I might get brave and try to venture out, at least to our playgroup every once in awhile.  OR, I can just invite the playgroup to my house, and everyone can come to me -- like they are tomorrow!  When you already have 4 kids, what's 6 or so more?! At least I'll have some backup in the form of the other stay-at-home/work-at-home moms who also do in-home daycare!

Seriously, I don't know if I could be any more blessed!  Granted, I will change a lot of poopy diapers from now until May when school gets out (yes, I know...it just started yesterday!).  I will probably wipe quite a few snotty noses, pick up toys three dozen times a day, find Cheerios in my couch cushions for years to come, and memorize the lyrics to every children's song imaginable.  BUT, I will get paid to do it all!  AND stay at home with Coralyn and Kellah in the process!  Now, that is priceless!









Yep, pretty sure I have the best "job" in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive