Thursday, April 12, 2012

It's Raining!

Kellah took an extra long nap today, so Coralyn and I have lots of quality time together this afternoon after she woke up from her nap.
We did some school stuff, read books, and made banana bread. Kellah was still snoozing away.
I mentioned that it was raining outside and that the rain would make things grow. Coralyn wanted to go outside and play, as she has every day lately. I told her we couldn't because it was raining and all muddy.
"I will wear my rain boots! Then my feet won't get muddy, Mommy." As she runs and puts her boots on.
But, it's kind of cold out, I explained, really not wanting to go outside and get all wet. Granted, it really wasn't raining all that much, but still...
"I can wear my rain coat, Mommy. Then I won't get cold." As she opens the closet door to show me where her rain coat is.
There's no stopping her. She had an answer for every excuse I gave. So, we got all decked out in rain gear and headed outside to play.
I introduced Coralyn to the concept of jumping in puddles.
She wasn't too sure at first.
She tentatively stepped in, one foot at a time.
Before long, though, she was jumping with both feet.
She had a blast.
I am glad that Coralyn was persistent and wouldn't take no for an answer. This time, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive