Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Clock's A Tickin'

And it isn't going to be slowing down any time soon.  I think it might actually be one of those crazy clocks with hands that spin super fast.  At least it seems that the time is flying by, way too fast!

Today, Kellah is 5 months old. 



She's still pretty small: 12-13 pounds and 22 inches long.  Not sure where that puts her on the growth charts, but I'm not too concerned.  She's healthy, and that's what's important.  And as an added bonus, she's super duper cute!


Kellah is still working on her top teeth, and some bottom ones too (I think).  I thought for sure they would have come through by now, as she's been working on them for the past month and a half!  She drools almost constantly, and her spit bubbles can get to be pretty big!


I haven't tried any solid foods with her yet, but the way Kellah watches us eat, I think she will definitely be ready next month.  (Ah, she'll be 6 months old in June!  Half a year!!!  Like I said, I think time is speeding by far too quickly!!!)  The other day, Lawrence was eating a sandwich, and Kellah watched him hold it in his hand, put it to his mouth, and then back down again.  It was funny to watch her eyes, and whole head, move up and down as she followed the sandwich.

Enjoying Tummy Time


Kellah isn't crawling, or scooting yet, but she sure is trying her hardest to get there.  During tummy time, which she LOVES, she will push up on her arms and then on her toes too so she can push off with her feet to attempt to move forward.

She can somewhat scoot and turn herself, but she doesn't get too far.  When she gets tired, she just lays her head down, takes a quick thumb-sucking break, and then is back at trying to move.

She is a talker.  Most mornings Kellah wakes up and starts gooing and ahing and cooing right away.  I love walking into her room and being greeted with a huge smile and adorable giggle.  Except when she's asleep, Kellah is usually making noise.  Lawrence says she is going to be a verbal processor as she grows up.

Kellah is also an observer.  Like she watches us eat, she watches Coralyn play.  She is pretty focused and intent as she tries to catch everything going on around her.  And she's not afraid to get in the middle of things either.  Which is probably good since Coralyn loves to tickle her, producing quite the laughs from both of the girls!  If they're not giggling, then Coralyn is probably reading Kellah a book or showing her how to stack cups or put the shapes in the bucket.  Kellah seems to enjoy the attention, though she can get a little overwhelmed at times, like when Coralyn tries to give her every toy in the box!  I think they are going to be great friends!!!  Coralyn has informed me multiple times this week that Kellah is her best friend.  And every time she does I can't help but smile, and feel my heart melt just a little bit more.

Yep, I am extremely blessed. 
I am so thankful for my girls (and their daddy!). 



My hands are full, but so is my heart. 
 I may be busy, and tired, but I wouldn't want it any other way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive