Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Oh, Coralyn!

No one can make me laugh like Coralyn (except maybe Lawrence).  The things she say can range from precious to frustrating, hilarious to confusing, surprising to typical (or what I have come to expect from her at least).

This afternoon while we were out in the backyard, and Coralyn was in her swing (as usual) she announces out of the blue, "I love Kellah.  She's my best friend."  And my heart melts.

Minutes later my sweet, lovely little girl is shouting, "No!" when I ask her to do something.  Not a polite NO, not in the least.  More like a mean-spirited, devilish, bratty NO!  What happened to my smiling, kind-hearted, happy-go-lucky daughter?

Oh there she is -- bouncing on the trampoline and yelling for me to watch her "do tricks" as she twists and spins or attempts a forward roll.

There she is again -- putting her watch on her wrist and making sure I am aware, "It's thirty o'clock."  Only her "o'clock" sounds more like a bad word than a measurement of time.  I just have to smile and laugh, because no matter how many times I try to correct her and explain yet again how to say "o'clock," it still comes out the same.

My favorite though -- "Mommy, I have a booger.  Here you go," and she reaches out for me to take the booger off her finger.  I guess this is better than her eating the booger, like she was several weeks ago.  We were driving along and she informs me, "Mommy, I have a booger.  Will you get it for me?"  After I told her that I couldn't help her because I was driving, she replied a few seconds later, "That's okay.  I got it."  I was going to try to hand her a towel to wipe her booger on, but before I was able to grab one out of my purse, Coralyn let me know, "I ate it, Mommy."  I guess she caught on to the fact that eating boogers is absolutely disgusting and she should, under no circumstances, ever eat her boogers again.  Since then she has been sure to give me her boogers.  How kind of her! :)

Coralyn definitely keeps me on my toes.  And a smile on my face, most of the time. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive