Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Big Sister

Nope, Coralyn's not a big sister yet. Didn't want to get your hopes up! ;)

Well, she technically is a big sister already, but the baby just hasn't been born. All in good time...

BUT, I do believe she is ready to fill her role as a big sister. We have talked about her being a big sister, read books about big sisters and their babies, practiced holding baby dolls, and all that good stuff you do to prepare your older child for the arrival of a new baby. I don't really know how much she understands or how prepared she is. She's only two. I do think she gets that we are having a baby and she will be a big sister, but I definitely don't think she realizes how dramatically this little baby is going to change her world! She will find out soon enough! :)

Today, my heart was blessed, big time, as Coralyn showed me she how wonderful of a big sister she is going to be for this new little one. We dropped a gift off at church, and Jeanne invited us to stay and play with Jude, her grandson. Of course we said YES! Who wouldn't want to hang out in Jeanne's office, play with her toys, read her books, draw a picture with her markers, and ride in her wagon?! Oh, and get to sample vanilla wafers, animal crackers, goldfish, and cheezits while she filled up the nursery snack buckets?! I figured Coralyn would enjoy playing with Jude, who will be two next month. However, Jude was content to watch a music DVD and Coralyn was too busy taking care of her baby doll to notice the other toddler in the room. That's perfectly okay though, because I was able to see firsthand Coralyn role play being a big sister. She rocked her baby, pushed the baby in the swing, sat beside the baby in a bumbo seat, and gave the baby some pretend juice. So sweet. But the most precious thing of all was when Coralyn came over to baby Jade (Jude's little sister who is 4 months old) and gave her a kiss. She did this several times actually. My heart melted.

And now I am more ready than ever to meet my new baby girl, and introduce this precious little one to her absolutely amazing big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive