Friday, February 17, 2012

Kellah at Two Months

Seriously?! Two months already?! How can this be? Time is flying by uber fast!

At lunch today Lawrence asked, "What did we do before Kellah?" It's funny how you forget what life was like before your baby was born? And to try to imagine again what life was like before Coralyn! Our lives would certainly be a lot more quiet, and boring...

Kellah is just the sweetest thing. When she wakes up for good in the morning, she is all smiles. She likes to "talk" to me after she is done eating. We just sit there and have the nicest time together. She coos and ahs and even laughs. I love those morning cuddles that we get to enjoy before Coralyn wakes up.


Kellah still hasn't figured out how to roll over, but she sure is working her hardest at it.

She usually eats every 2-3 hours, but boy is she quick. Either she is super efficient or she just doesn't eat much. She is growing though. I think this will be her last week in the newborn clothes. The onesies still fit without any problem, but she is finally getting long enough to need the 0-3 month sleep and play button/zip up outfits. I didn't measure her for length yet today, but I did do the oh so official "hold her while I step on the scale and then put her down while I weigh myself" to see how much she weighs. Right at 10 pounds, but that was with her clothes and cloth diaper on, so probably somewhere around 9 and half pounds.

Kellah is a pretty good sleeper. The other night she slept for over 6 hours! But, on the typical day (or night I should say), she goes about 4-5 hours. During the day she either takes lots of short cat naps or just one really long nap right after lunch.

She likes to know what is going on and wants to be held in such a way that she is looking out at everybody. However, she's really quite "chill" and relaxed, just taking in everything around her. She is smiling more and more, and I love interacting with her.

Coralyn continues to be a fabulous big sister. She is kind of protective of Kellah. When we went to visit our friends, she didn't really appreciate their little boy trying to touch Kellah, at all. She made sure to let me know what he was doing and to see to it that he stopped! When we go someplace, she likes to help me carry Kellah's carseat (such a big help!). And anytime Kellah cries, Coralyn immediately comes to get me. "Kellah's crying, Mommy! She's tired. She wants some milk." The only time Coralyn isn't concerned about her little sister is when I am reading her books. If Kellah wakes up from a nap and starts crying then, Coralyn assures me, "She's okay, Mommy." She always want to be certain I know that she didn't wake her up (after she was really loud and woke Kellah up several times). "She woke up herself, Mommy. I didn't wake her up."

I love watching Coralyn and Kellah together. Granted, they don't really interact all that much. But Coralyn really is sweet and loves to give her little sister kisses. I pray that they are close growing up and become best friends for life.

I think back to when Coralyn was this age and try to remember what she was like. Then I dream ahead and try to image what Kellah will be like when she is Coralyn's age now. But really all I know is that my two girls are both growing up before my very eyes. Lawrence asked Coralyn last night if she would stay this way forever. "No, Daddy! That's silly!" Of course it is, but can't we just pretend that you will always be our little -- I mean big -- girl! And that Kellah will always be able to lay on my lap with room to spare.

I guess I do want them to grow up, to become the girls and then women God has created them to be. I know He has special plans for them, and I am excited to see what they are, and to get to play a role in helping make them happen. I am so blessed to be their mommy!

My life is certainly all the richer thanks to Coralyn and Kellah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive