Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Won't You Be My Valentine?

This month, in anticipation of Valentine's Day,
I have tried to do a fun "heart" activity with Coralyn every day.

We made a list of all the fun things we would do,
one activity for each day leading up to Valentine's Day.

Then, we turned our list into a paper chain.
Every day we take off one link and do the activity for that day.

We made cranberry almond muffins.
We paints hearts with sponges.
We also decorated hearts with stickers.

We made pretzels. They're in the shape of a heart, right?

I had more pictures, but my camera decided they were in an unreadable format! :( Yesterday, when we made heart cookies for the neighbors, Coralyn was covered in flour (wearing black jeans nonetheless). I also had a great shot of her trying to stick the entire spinner thingy for the mixer in her mouth. I guess you will just have to imagine what that looked like. :)

Lawrence and Coralyn delivered the cookies yesterday, and then enjoyed playing in the snow.

We didn't get everything done, and sometimes we did a different/substitute activity. Today, we get to catch up on everything we missed.

We spent all morning doing various heart projects and will probably do some more this afternoon, just for fun.
Opening her Valentine's Day Basket before breakfast.

We painted her nails with the polish in her Valentine's Day Basket.

Coralyn watched a special Valentine's Day episode of "Go, Diego, Go!"


We made hearts for a mobile.
And then hung it from the ceiling fan in the living room.


We cut out playdough hearts.

We read Valentine's Day books. And non-Valentine's Day books :)


We had a special Valentine's Day lunch.
Peanut butter and honey sandwich (the perfect pair)
Cottage cheese with red sprinkles on top
Strawberries
Peas (Won't you "peas" be my Valentine?)

Kellah couldn't really participate in the heart activities, but she is still super cute.
All decked out in her V-Day outfit from Grandma Sherry.


I am blessed to have not one, but TWO, sweet and precious Valentines this year! Not counting Lawrence, of course! He's my first and foremost Valentine, today and every day :)
His dresser
I made him a "I Love You Because" collage frame where I can write something new each day.

Later, Coralyn is going to help me make some heart cinnamon rolls for dessert tonight. I think I am trying to keep as busy as possible to avoid dwelling on my friend's loss yesterday and worrying if something similar will ever happen to us. Lawrence reminded me last night that I can't live in fear, but that is easier said than done. So, I guess I am trying to do as many fun things as I can today to rack up those special memories. Plus, it's a blast lovin' on my girls. That's what Valentine's Day is all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive