Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Why Can't You Be More Like Your Sister?

I never had an older sibling, so I was never compared to my older sister, or brother. I never had a teacher ask me, "Why can't you be more like your sister?" I never had to deal with trying to walk in the shoes of a talented older sibling. I never had to play sports or sing (thank goodness) as well as my older brother or sister did. There was no one to compare me to. I was the one who got to set the bar :)

I hope that I never compare my girls to each other and wish that one was more like the other (though I know that I will most likely do this at some point). I want them each to be the person God has created and gifted her to be. I want them to be their own individual person, to showcase who God has specifically designed her to be. I pray that I am able to do this well!

Although, I am already getting the girls mixed up and calling them by the wrong name! I figure it's only going to get worse as they get older, and we have more kids. But, seriously, look at them. Can you blame me for getting them confused?!




Coralyn when she was born











Kellah when she was born











Coralyn being weighed at her one-week check up










Kellah getting ready to be weighed, day of birth









Coralyn after her first bath











Kellah after her first bath








Coralyn enjoying some tummy time, about 1 month old









Kellah enjoying some tummy time, about 2 weeks old










Coralyn at one month









Kellah at one month old







Coralyn having some more tummy time, about 2 months old










Kellah enjoying some more tummy time, about 9 weeks old








Coralyn at 2 months old










Kellah at 2 months









Coralyn was "helping" me with this post and every time she saw a picture of herself as a baby, she would exclaim, "There's Kellah!" I tried over and over again to convince her they were pictures of her, when she was a baby. She didn't believe me. The only time she would agree it was her was when she saw a picture of herself recently.

I guess if Coralyn can confuse herself with her little sister, then I can too! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive